Keeping ribs fresh ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcbzzz

Assistant Cook
Hello, this is my first post. I would like to ask a question please about keeping ribs fresh. When BBQ restaurants cook ribs only 2 or 3 days a week, how do they keep ribs that are not sold the day of cooking, fresh, moist and tender for the next day ?

Wrap and refrigerate. Plastic cling wrap is better than aluminum or loose in a plastic bag. Cling wrapped and in a plastic bag is good, vacuum packed is better.

After they're cooked, you can portion before reheating.

Reheat covered in a slow oven; in sauce over low heat on a pan on the stove top; in a sauce in a slow cooker (but don't hold too long; or even in a microwave -- as long as the power is set to no higher than medium, the ribs are tightly covered in cling wrap, and a rest is allowed.

BDL

Foodsaver or the commercial equivalent thereof. Reheat by putting the sealed bag in simmering water for 20 minutes or so.

I don't believe restaurants use foodsaver as it would be too costly. I'd guess they would do like bdl said, plastic wrap and reheat slowly.

I appreciate everybody's help, what is a good temperature to re-heat the ribs if you wrap them in cling wrap?

I've done mine in the past where the first cook I took them up to the point just before saucing. Then wrap in cling wrap. Next day, on the grill with sauce to warm up and glaze.

Nick is spot on! Sometimes "raunts" cook ribs just before they render they're juicy goodness and pull them from the smoker, then reheat to serve. Slowly........ with a very watchful eye.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom