what to do for 750?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
If any of the sperienced guys on the forum have sperience with large parties please lemme know. I got a chance at a gig for 750. Not sure how to bid it and also how to serve it. The job will be for a large company.... I was thinkin one meat to keep it simple but i'm not even sure what they want yet. Thanks for any help. db

Woops sorry this was supposed to go under catering corner.............. :oops:

Do pulled pork, and slaw. 3 oz of pork. 1/2 Oz of slaw on a kisser roll. Some will take more, some less. I'd go $8.00 a head. (min.) $10.00 per head if I could get it. Get yourself a 3oz scoop. It's about 4 ounces when your slamming out a sandwich. Goofy scoops are your best friend.

Portion control will be very important as well as plenty of staff. When you have enough people, have that same amount on stand-by.

Sounds like alot of work.....and alot of fun. Good luck!

I had to turn it down. They wanted 3 meats a few sides, drink stations and alot of other requests. I just don't have the refrigeration for a gig that big yet. I will be going to the gig to see how someone else pulls it off tho. I cant wait to see that.

Yeppers as great great granny Marie Wheeler Antoinette could sometimes be heard saying.."Let them eat cake."

bigwheel said:
Yeppers as great great granny Marie Wheeler Antoinette could sometimes be heard saying.."Let them eat cake."

hahahaa! yep.

I might hope to get it next year if I think I can pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom