For the concealed carry crowd..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
What be your favorite and most comfortable way to lug around your shootin iron of choice. I am purty well stuck with my Sig .40 226 which aint real big but then aint real small either. It will barely fit into one of the biggest cheap Bulldog brand fanny packs from Cabelas. Still leaves room for a pack of smokes..extry magazine..half pint of hooch etc....but the Little Bride say it makes me look like a homo sapien to wear it. I have been exploring vests with inside carry pockets. Biker dude I work with got one in black leather which can hold a .45 Guvment model on both sides and a disinterested person would never guess whut was in there. Suspect it be mighty hot in the Tejas sunshine is a glaring drawback I see. Any thoughts?

I'm easy, put it between my back and the backrest of my chair. Maybe you should get a wheelchair!

Check out crossbreed holsters. They are supposed to be the most comfortable. (I don't have one)
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Home/ ... fault.aspx

I carry mine strong side, inside the waistband in a leather holster from http://theholsterstore.net It's American made, hard blue J clip, reinforced top band to keep it open for re-holstering. It doesn't present at all when wearing a loose shirt. Also very comfortable. I carry an extra clip in a Blackhawk mag case on the opposite side.

Being a huskier fellow, I can conceal a bit easier. I have an FIE 380 7 shot. Its like a mini 1911 that was handed down from my dad. Its perfect for an inside the pants / tshirt on a shorts day or on an ankle holster on a long pants day. My fav cc is my Glock 40cal duty in a fobus paddle with a xxl sweatshirt. With all the phone crap people carry on their belt now, a bulge on your waist seems less conspicuous then it did 10 years ago.

Wow this thread has done turned into gold. We now know where Pigs carries his hawg leg (bound to be either up his buttocks or someplace else where the sun dont shine:) We will have Barney be on sharp lookout in those areas at the deer camp. Now Scotty you need a whupping for showing me them web sites. I feel like a kid in the candy store. Now I like the looks of this one which claims to fit my gun but it only shows it in 9MM then you get the choice of with or without rails..whutever is a rails? That should bear some more checking into the matter. I got plenty of long tailed shirts. Might be the route to go providing there is enough room in the Wranglers for me and the gun. I buy em tight so the ladies get to ogle my dierree dontcha see? It has been claimed by some that I look like a young version of George Straight. Now have you seen the little 9 MM Taurus which disguises itself as a yup Blackberry or Blueberry or whutever they call the oversized cell phones which seem to be also compooters. We got a warning message and pic of those on the cop channel the other day. Not a big Taurus fan but it might beat a handful or rocks. I am trying to retract my footsteps and try to find it. Any info on that rig? Hey John thanks for the fobus tip. I look at that one too.

Well praise the Lord for having thankfully been spared the need for a wheel chair up to this point in life anyway. Sure cant say for sure I will be able to dodge the prospect at some point. Admire your stamina and keeping a good attitude concerning the mighty rough hand you have been dealt. Hey you know the old conceal in a folded up newspaper or magazine trick? I got that down purty good. That comes in real handy when the door bell rings at odd hours. This holster Scotty sent me to look at claims to be able to be mounted direct to a wheel chair. Whut a deal huh? You got any money? Maybe we could buy two at once and get some kinda special. Especially when we start throwing Scotty's name around like we knew him or something. Tell me whut you think? PS edit I think this is the one I want.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/OhaiM ... roductName

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/OhaiM ... roductName

Larry Wolfe said:
I'm easy, put it between my back and the backrest of my chair. Maybe you should get a wheelchair!

Yeah, most holsters will fit a range of different guns. From what I saw the Sig P226 is chambered in 9mm, .40, and .357. Irregardless, it doesn't affect the outside size of the gun. If it says it'll fit a 226...it'll fit a 226.

"Rails" refer to the Picatinny rail system. A standard for affixing attachments...things like flashlights, lasers, grenade launchers, etc.

Why am I telling this to a cop?

Congrats on the new holster. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I can't imagine hauling around a Sig 226. That all steel rig weighs over two pounds without ammo. By the way, that is what the TX DPS carries now in 357 Sig. One of our troopers was telling me last week how much he likes that particular gun and caliber.

I usually keep a full size 40 cal. H&K or Glock in the truck and once in a while will drop a Ruger LCP in my pocket to go in a C-store. I consider concealed carry a close up personal defense thing and not a shootout at the OK Corral. I have stuck a Glock 26 in my jeans pocket before. However, even it is a little on the heavy side. It supposedly weighs 26 oz. loaded with ten rounds. I have the twelve round mags for it.

Well doubt I have rails cuz I dont have any lasers or grenade launchers on there currently. I'm thinking the outside the pants high ride belt carry would be the best approach for me. Now if covered by a long tailed pull over polo shirt all I worry about is the imprint of the gun under the shirt. I will also hopefully be working in a Roman Catholic church mainly so I wonder if it would be impolite or too impious to walk around with your shirt tail out? Is there any Catholics in the crowd? I would not want to get my knuckles whapped by Mother Superior. She is at least 6-2 and about 4 feet wide. Looks like she could easily whip 5 grown men at once. I am going to try to get them to give me the title and name tag of "Mother's Helper" or something like that. I aint supposed to display any kind of gendarme or security type emblems..badges..patches etc. That supposed to get the bureaucrats who administer the private eye agencies riled up.

john pen said:
Puff said:
Huskier fellow? :shock:
Ummm... no wait. What ?

Ok just slammed the plastic for this one which is called a deluxe super tuck or similar. They gave me a 10% LEO discount. Whut a bunch of guys huh? They must really like me a lot. I think this goes inside the pants so I may need some mo bigga pants till I grow up to be a husky guy like John. Thanks fellas. Yall have been a big help. Now if I happen not to like it yall are gonna be in a heap o twoble:) Actually the brochure say try it two weeks and if you dont like it they buy it back. Lifetime guarantee etc. Course the guy that owns the place is prob 110 or so. Sure it extends to his lifetime most likely. I got it in horse hide. The FAQ fact that is a good choice for fat boys who sweat a lot. Apparently horses dont soak up as much water as cows for some reason.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Super ... roductName

Yeppers my honorbly retired Barney card from the Feds (Thanks to Dubja for that one) say I can carry anywhere in the US just like a regular doughnut muncher from that geography but it got to be concealed. If they see it could be called brandishing. They had a big test case on it in Noo Yawk City whereas one of them drunk Irish cops arrested a retired constable from PA..but the constable won. No telling how much that cost in legal fees of course. Best strategy is dont go to New Yawk. Old retired Military Colonel pal say it aint a smart place to live anyway. Supposedly the ragheads are going to make the place uninhabitable before too long. Dirty boom boom..germs etc. He say to get out while you can. Good news is there still plenty of room in Texas. I got stroke with the Border Patrol too if any yankees want to migrate.

In the time of this police state...I'm happy to live in Vermont where any non felon can walk into a gun store and walk out strapping. The only gun laws we have are you can't carry on school property, courthouses, secure areas with metal detectors, and some state parks. Carry it however you want, there are no permits here.

bigwheel said:
Well doubt I have rails cuz I dont have any lasers or grenade launchers on there currently. I'm thinking the outside the pants high ride belt carry would be the best approach for me. Now if covered by a long tailed pull over polo shirt all I worry about is the imprint of the gun under the shirt. I will also hopefully be working in a Roman Catholic church mainly so I wonder if it would be impolite or too impious to walk around with your shirt tail out? Is there any Catholics in the crowd? I would not want to get my knuckles whapped by Mother Superior. She is at least 6-2 and about 4 feet wide. Looks like she could easily whip 5 grown men at once. I am going to try to get them to give me the title and name tag of "Mother's Helper" or something like that. I aint supposed to display any kind of gendarme or security type emblems..badges..patches etc. That supposed to get the bureaucrats who administer the private eye agencies riled up.

john pen said:
Puff said:
Huskier fellow? :shock:
Ummm... no wait. What ?
So you're fat too Father BigWheel? :mrgreen:

Well sounds like a reasonable place to live. Now some of the exempt locations on these kind of deals give me problemos. For example under Texas law a person aint supposed to tote at churches or schools. Which the fella at the gun shoppe said 99.9% of the preachers in town are packing under their robes or suits etc. Now we do have a good law about school principals allowing their teachers to pack at school if they have a CHL. Course they are all too chicken to do it cept for one school up in Wilbarger County. I asked the principal down here about it and he claim he would be too afraid the teachers would use the guns to shoot him. Life gets complicated after 40 huh? Well Puffster my body type if that of an affable endomorph. Built for comfort..not for speed. I have often been accused of being an unemployed Summo Rassler especially when I wear my thong underwear. Hope that wasn't TMI:)

bigwheel said:
Well sounds like a reasonable place to live. Now some of the exempt locations on these kind of deals give me problemos. For example under Texas law a person aint supposed to tote at churches or schools. Which the fella at the gun shoppe said 99.9% of the preachers in town are packing under their robes or suits etc. Now we do have a good law about school principals allowing their teachers to pack at school if they have a CHL. Course they are all too chicken to do it cept for one school up in Wilbarger County. I asked the principal down here about it and he claim he would be too afraid the teachers would use the guns to shoot him. Life gets complicated after 40 huh? Well Puffster my body type if that of an affable endomorph. Built for comfort..not for speed. I have often been accused of being an unemployed Summo Rassler especially when I wear my thong underwear. Hope that wasn't TMI:)
Way too much .........but at my age.......understood.

Back
Top Bottom