One of These Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bryan S said:
[quote="Bruce B":33zvkf0k]why?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Why do people buy $1000.00 dollar and up pits? Why not? To say i have one, and no doubt you have the Coolness Factor to consider. It's only about a $1000.00 for the one i want. :eep:[/quote:33zvkf0k]

That one with the blue ceramic tiles all over it looks like you are cooking in a high priced bathroom!!! 8-[

When i find out the shipping on a #5 i might not eight for a long time! :grin:

I have seen a lot of these on the Competition trail. These things go all night on one load of lump or coal.

The Joker Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:47 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can put a Guru on them too!!!

Yes you can put a guru on them too. Infact the guy I talked to said once he lit it and got the temp he wanted, he just went to sleep and let the guru do the work all night.

Bill The Grill Guy,what size is your Black custom in that photo?
Also will these ceramics withstand winter temperatures,seems some can't
i had 2- crack on me years ago,don't want to mention the maker by namebut i had major problems!

Raine, you are one smart lady. They are Smokin' Aways cookers. They were across from me in Danville.

BBQmmm Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill The Grill Guy,what size is your Black custom in that photo?
Also will these ceramics withstand winter temperatures,seems some can't
i had 2- crack on me years ago,don't want to mention the maker by namebut i had major problems!

I am on old stick burner. I build my own pits. Keeps me busy during the winter when I am dreaming about being at a Competition.

:) I'm a stick burner also,seems i'm getting older real fast, can't follow these posts :) Actually that's the reason i'm looking at ceramic cookers again, so i'm not standing around for hours adding sticks in the middle of winter and getting older and colder.I'll settle for a not quite as tasty BBQ just so i don't freeze. :!:

Oh i remember reading about those,seems they're cheap copies from indonesia.Yup this guy has been in business for only a couple of years.

This guy over 40 years-
http://www.kamado.com/

Back
Top Bottom