black cod longline trip, random pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

friesian_rain

Senior Cook
Just thought I would share a few pictures of our boat and a black cod trip. There's a few pics of downtown Juneau in there, too. The trip wasn't a big producer, only a little over 15,000 lbs in the round of black cod on a 100 skates of gear; between the whales stripping our gear and the grenadiers we didn't do so hot. Since I was working on the deck I couldn't take a lot of pictures of us really working, these pics are a bit boring. There's a couple of short video clips, only one actually has a couple black cod coming over the roller.... Here's the link to photobucket, I hope it works, haven't tried to share a link before :

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc77 ... 1QQtppZZ20

john pen said:
Beautiful pics...couldn't find the video.

hmmm well, it looks like when you follow the link you have to click on the option " 96 media ", it's a drop down.... then click on videos....

Griff said:
Great pics Karen. There is no place on earth more beautiful than southeast Alaska .... when it's sunny.

Griff, right? It's amazing here ! But the rain, and the green-ness of it all :x it's enough to make someone run away :roll: :D

I'll be headed back out next month for halibut, hopefully I can get some better pics. What I didn't take pictures of was the days in between those nice weather days, not so nice out on the ocean, we had to leave our gear in the water and run 30+ miles back into the beach to stay out of the storm....
wooohoooo can't wait for those halibut cheeks yummmy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom