Bacon-Wrapped King Salmon Fillet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
So the fresh salmon season(s) have opened here on the West Coast :D and it is a very anticipated time of year. So the other day I picked up a beautiful piece of Columbia River King Salmon anticipating on grilling up that night . I got home and looked in the fridge for some bacon; we'll we only had it frozen. My wife was heading to the store so I asked her to pick up a pound of bacon for me.

A few minutes later I was hit (like a ton of bricks) with a Kidney Stone (over 5 mm) :x . I had my oldest son (Jake) take me to emergency where I sat for 6 hours while the doctors tried to figure out what to do with my. I won't bore you with the details :shock: .

So tonight my wife is doing the "Open-House" at the school, the boys are out and I'm at home alone trying to pass this stupid stone :cry: . So I made me some "Oven Roasted Bacon-Wrapped King Salmon" :D

I seasoned it with black pepper, a rub called "British Columbia Salmon Rub" and some parsley. I convection-baked it at 375* for 20 minutes.

It came out great IMHO :P
(gotta go, I have to pee) I think. :?

Looks great! Sorry to hear about the stone. I've heard it is very painfull. Have a friend who has one kidney full of them and the other about 1/2-3/4 full. They put tubes in to help him out. He sits in a hot tub most of the day to ease the pain.

Hope it passes soon.

sorry about your "discomfort" shall we say? I hope you get relief soon.
The salmon looks fantastic though. I bet that was good!

West Coast Fresh Salmon Season . . . So Cal. connection? I just spent $30.00 for some frozen Sockeye Salmon stakes at Costco. Where do you get your fresh King salmon? Can't find anything but farmed salmon or wild salmon that's been defrosted and put in the fish counter beside the farmed salmon.

Hope you pass that damn stone without to much discomfort.

Smokey Lew said:
West Coast Fresh Salmon Season . . . So Cal. connection? I just spent $30.00 for some frozen Sockeye Salmon stakes at Costco. Where do you get your fresh King salmon? Can't find anything but farmed salmon or wild salmon that's been defrosted and put in the fish counter beside the farmed salmon.

Hope you pass that damn stone without to much discomfort.
Hey Lew, where abouts do you live in Riverside?

Back
Top Bottom