Chicken Thighs at the Firehouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

backyardbbq

Senior Cook
I fixed some chicken thighs at the firehouse a while back. They came out pretty good, but the skins were tough since I couldn't get the off set hot enough due to the cold temps and wind.
img_237725_0_764275ce5e10cdf9e8c45aacd4508b6b.jpg

Here's what I used to marinade, rub and sauced with; the guys really liked them as there were no left overs.
img_237725_1_736f8a7e635935ccb16d64db57b3ba5a.jpg

I've never heard of this rub before, but I really like it. The only place I've found it is in a grocery store a block from the station.

Mighty tasty looking grub. One thing about Firemen is they all know how to cook real good. Ain't quite figgered out how come yet. Got a sneaky suspicion it because they like to eat so much:)

Thighs are my favorite piece of chicken. I have some on the grill right now-rubbed with Hoochie Mama and basted with Dinosaur Senuous Slathering Sauce. Never had Dinosaur before-I expect it will be good from the little taste test I did.

Thanks guys! I've been talking about making the jump into competition BBQ for a while now and after I fixed these more than one has suggested I should. I need to work on my dialing in my cook times though before I make that jump.

backyardbbq said:
Thanks guys! I've been talking about making the jump into competition BBQ for a while now and after I fixed these more than one has suggested I should. I need to work on my dialing in my cook times though before I make that jump.

I'm sure there will be lots of volunteers to eat up your "practice" BBQ ! I hope you go for it.... :D

Back
Top Bottom