Great Cook Book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to see the old cook book fetish is still alive and well. Now I tell you one you need is Granny Clampetts Hill Billy Cookbook. It was written by Irene Ryan and some other lady who apparently knew how to write books. Its hilarious and has a bunch of old timey recipes in there. Goes through all the corn meal based foods of the South such as hoe cakes..johnny cakes etc. There is a recipe in there called Punch with a Punch. Little of that stuff will slap a person silly.

Ok if you ever want to look for it it's officially called, "Granny's Hillbilly Cook Book." Last I checked on line a person could snag it for 27 bucks seems like.

bigwheel said:
Ok if you ever want to look for it it's officially called, "Granny's Hillbilly Cook Book." Last I checked on line a person could snag it for 27 bucks seems like.
27 bucks for a cookbook? What are we the Carnegies, I don't think I'm cheap but it better be one heck of a cookbook for that.

Well sure Pig's has a bunch of money. Know 27 bucks aint no hill for a climber. He most likely spends more than that on probation fees..lawyers etc.

Well at least you aint having to sleep in there. I heard of somebody having to do that one time.

Back
Top Bottom