Pitmaster IQ110

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
I recently purchased the Pitmaster IQ110 and an adapter to fit the XL BGE. I got this adapter because it was the closest fit for the Bubba keg, the Primo XL, and my Backwoods Party. They make one for the Primo, the Webers, the BGEs that you can get but I found that this adapter fits well enough that I could seal it up with a little steel tape and it could have multiple uses. The XL BGE one fits the Bubba keg perfect they say. All of them will fit the Backwoods if you turn it sideways.

Here is the link: http://pitmasteriq.com/

I have used it on the Primo XL and it held 240 for 16 hours with only a few degree spread during the whole cook. It was a little trickier on the Bubba Keg but after I sealed it up on the bottom vent and cut the top to nearly nothing, it nailed the temp and held it all day while I cooked the 1/4 piggy.

It's cheap compared to the Guru and the Stoker but all it does is hold pit temps and cannot monitor the meat temp, I used the Maverick for that.
img_231586_0_d90bca83785ed98de7783522426fcfde.jpg

img_231586_1_925f04ad0b301db9394b31d7dded9352.jpg

img_231586_2_d276e039f24c1e57e0ea865a4d91e51e.jpg

I don't sell them. I've had the Stoker and a Guru but sold them long ago. I do not plan on using this for comps as I have swore off electric stuff in comps. For weekend cooks it sure is nice to have this baby watching my pit temp though! I know when to show up and check the meat anyway so I don't really need a temp probe stuck into the meat until it gets close and it feels right.

I don't have a Weber anymore either but this is the first pit controller I've seen that can adapt to one. Not that most of you guys need it giving the amount of experience you have.

Do these blowers kick up ash on your food? Also the price did not seem that much lower than the guru or stoker.

Back
Top Bottom