Busy Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
We had a busy day today. A buddy of mine brought over around 60lbs of venison. We did up 20lbs of slim Jims. 10lbs of Kablonsky (a Polish Snack Stick). 10lbs of a German snack stick. 10 lbs of peparonini. And a batch of salami and some of Big Wheels Cowtown Bologna. The sausagemaker now carries high temp cheese so half of the Slim Jims and Pep are with cheese.

Looks delicious Witt. Fine job. Had a brief affair with the high temp cheese and found it highly lacking in flavor when compared to regular old shredded Kraft. Big Dave did a bunch of experimentation on the topic and seems like he figgered out around 1.4 oz (or thereabouts) of Kraft per pound of meat works just fine for most applications. Anyway sure you have played around with it too. First batch of cheesy hotlinks I made went way nuts with the cheese and used too much. Gave a super good flavor but a greasy mouf feel.

bigwheel

gotcha... I was a little excited... thought he might be moving into the future a little fast..

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="john pen":347tokn7]Was that a cell phone in the first pic at the casa de' Witt ??? Say it isnt so !!!
That would be his buddy's phone![/quote:347tokn7]
Nicks right....but it might be getting to the point with the kids going here and there that we might need to get cell phones...as much as it pains me....

Back
Top Bottom