This year's total weights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Don't plan on any more major cooks this year...so here is how things shaped up compared to last year

876 lbs of Boston Butts went on the smoker for 2010, down from 1223 lb last year

557 lbs of Brisket Flats went on the smoker for 2010, up from 300 lb last year

of course, this does not include pork loins, a ton of chicken and next week's whole ribeye roasts.

I keep a list of what I put on and what I yield so I can get a cost per pound of finished product. I typically have a yield of 53% for pork and 58% for brisket flats.

Gary in VA said:
Don't plan on any more major cooks this year...so here is how things shaped up compared to last year

876 lbs of Boston Butts went on the smoker for 2010, down from 1223 lb last year

of course, this does not include pork loins, a ton of chicken and next week's whole ribeye roasts.

So this means your butts suck and your brisket got better, by those numbers........

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Gary in VA":13sxonpd]Don't plan on any more major cooks this year...so here is how things shaped up compared to last year

So this means your butts suck and your brisket got better, by those numbers........[/quote:13sxonpd]

No, it means I cooked 600 lbs of butts for a church fundraiser in 2009 that I didn't in 2010

Smokey Lew said:
Hey Gary that's really impressive. I assume most of that was done in your Lang. How much do you use the WSM?

I use it on occasion. I use it along side the primo when I want to do a case of butts overnight. 4 on each. I need to use it more often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom