WELCOME STOGIE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome King Stogie! A little story here...

About 5 years ago when I got serious about making q, I found Stogie's board. I posted what a great thing it was, and it was he who first emailed me showed me the KC forum and the TVWB sites. He' s been one of the most informative internet posters ever, as hallowed as Jim Minion.
When I started my own board a couple of years ago, he posted there (as did Minion) giving me all the credibility I could ask for.

Stogie took a hiatus to spend time with his family and further his career,
but is now finding more time to help us out. When his kids go back to school this fall, he'll have even more time.

So I emailed him and told him about this crazy place, and now here he is. You can all send me a donation of, let's say 5 bucks a person, for getting him here. :D

I don't know how I missed this but I did. One of my earliest friends in BBQ, I met Kevin when I first got started and he invited me down to Ft. Wayne to do a rib cook off with him...we had a great time and I got to witness first hand the 3-2-1 method and his "secret" chicken method which still works today.

Great to have you on Board Kevin!

yes he's back.

Stogie had a heart attack a couple of years ago and
concentrated on more important things than internet boards.
Health is back in line, so he's back online.

Welcome back pal.

That's great news...glad to have one of the best back on the forum!! Hope you are felling well, Kevin!!

I would love to have you on the radio show as part of a bbq round table. I am currently devising one for chicken.

Stogie said:
You guys are too good to me! Thanks again for the Welcome back! Feeling much better, about 50 lbs. lighter, but fiercely holding onto my BBQ eating habits!

Greg, I would be honored to help you out in any way possible. Let me know what you want to do!

See how the power shifts in the BBQ world guys!! I can't hold Stogie's jock but he would be honored to help me!! HE knows how we roll over here at BBQC!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'll email you the concept and what I would need you to do, Stogie...we can go from there! 8)

Glad your back!!

Kevin
It's been a long time, glad to hear you are doing well.
Still smokin a stoggie once an a while or did you give that up?

Jim

man this is cool...some of the main players who started and built
the internet bbq community are all posting here...Minion, Stogie,
BigWheel, Cappy....it's a warm fuzzy feeling.

;)

jminion said:
kevin
If you don't inhale it doesn't count, kinda like what Rempe says "don't swallow it doesn't count".

Dude...I should so ban you for that!! (shaking fists in the air...) DAMN YOU MINION!!! :LOL: :LOL:

jminion said:
kevin
If you don't inhale it doesn't count, kinda like what Rempe says "don't swallow it doesn't count".
'

OUCH!!!!!! Smoked by the usually "mild mannered" Jim Minion????

Stogie, maybe one day, (when I am free from endless catering gigs,) we can share a Hoyo De Monterey Double Corona at a comp and make fun of Greg together. Woodman

Woodman said:
jminion said:
kevin
'

OUCH!!!!!! Smoked by the usually "mild mannered" Jim Minion????

Stogie, maybe one day, (when I am free from endless catering gigs,) we can share a Hoyo De Monterey Double Corona at a comp and make fun of Greg together. Woodman

Way to scare him off for another couple of years, Woodman. :?

Back
Top Bottom