Annual 'Old Grandad' tribute, brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
Once a year I fire up 'Old Grandad' in his honor. This year is brisket.

Hear is 2 hours in

img_228605_0_008496f4f56267a33c393dbe24c0a9af.jpg

Video later.

Looking good. Sure Old Grandad look down from his lofty place in heaven and appreciate yall remembering him with the annual tribute.

bigwheel

Thanks BW. I plan on doing this every year until I can't, then passing along to the weird young one. Grandad probably thought the same of me come to think of it.........

Brisket is wrapped and now it's just wait and see. I can't get this 55+ year old beast below 280 so it is going quick.

It's looking like an 8 hour cook so far.

My little electric Brinkmann likes to hit 295 and stay there. Cooks the heck out of them big briskets rapidly. Betcha Old Grandad's brisket turn out excellent.

bigwheel

I like seeing the 'Old Grandad' cook each year. It's a cool way to pay homage to your Grandad. Thanks for sharing.

bigwheel said:
Leaping high fives and manly man type hiney slaps to you sir.

bigwheel

Never in my life would I think i'd hear that...................FAG (NO OFFENSE GREG OR PUFF)

Ron enjoyed seein' Old Grandad fired up once again.
Great videos too!
Brisket turned out perfect :D

8)

Well ya know them two is actually purty smart in that bisexuals have double the chance of having a date on Sat night. Trisexuals triple the odds.

bigwheel

[/quote]Never in my life would I think i'd hear that...................FAG (NO OFFENSE GREG OR PUFF)[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom