What kind of snake is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
My wife for some reason puts these **** glue traps in the garage everytime around this time of the year and catches and kills harmless black snakes and it ticks me off. If I get to them first I let them go. This one, I haven't seen before....anyone know what kind it is? I let it go, was I in danger touching this thing??
img_228336_0_5ea52136703f196e9d6006b7246df53d.jpg

I aint no snake exspurt but it bound to be harmless. The bad old snakes have a big triangular head cept for Coral snakes. I would release it unharmed if possible. They are very beneficial creatures. Keeps the raton population in check etc.

bigwheel

Looks like some kind of a gopher snake to me. We used to have a lot of them out in our area until it got built out with new homes. Now you don't see them anymore but you sure see a lot of gophers!

Now that I looked at it again it looks a little thicker than our Gardeners Lew is probably right. Might want to verify at Snakes-4-u.com. :LOL: :D

doesn't look very big... looks kinda like a corn snake.

the only venomous snakes we have around here are the eastern diamondback rattler and the copperhead. Like BW said, they sort of have a triangular head. The rest are constrictors. While not venomous, getting bitten can cause infection because of the bacteria they carry in their mouths.

for the trouble you have had with snakes in your garage, you should look into sealing it up some how. check all around and seal up any holes and maybe a new gasket at the garage door.

Captain Morgan said:
have all you guys saying it's harmless noticed Larry hasn't
been back here since the original post???

Maybe I shoulda said poke it with a stick instead of "pet" it. :roll:

I always keep the Remington 870 in the motor home. One blast of 12 gauge, then into the fire pit. Stupid things are all over the place. Every year we blast them from around the pond. They do however keep the field mice at bay. I hate snake's, they freak me out.

Pigs

When I saw the title I thought someone had been replying to really old threads.

I'd be more concerned with those big ass bugs that the said "death by glue trap" snake was about to eat. Wtf are those man? :shock:

Puff said:
I'd be more concerned with those big ass bugs that the said "death by glue trap" snake was about to eat. Wtf are those man? :shock:

They look like steroid crickets!

Did the snake shit in the trap?

As the Bear and the Rabbit were taking a communal poo poo one fine morning..the bear say to the rabbit..."Do poo stick to your fur when you go poo poo?" To which the rabbit say, "No." At this point the bear wiped his ass with the rabbit.Then they went off to find a garter snake to see how it would work on him/her. Course they found it stuck in the glue trap over at Pig's crib. They all lived happily ever after.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom