Awfully good offal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
Doesn't get more rustic and hearty than this...well, not hearty I guess. More livery I'd say.

I picked up some fresh beef liver for the kittens, and decided to have some myself. I like liver about once a month, and it was overdue.
Very good.

fried up some onions in some bacon fat
img_227660_0_bb564a4ff1e1c62f533ef6c2de9d768a.jpg

threw in the liver
img_227660_1_36468e7c052cc108c3ca62c873981ec0.jpg

garlic fries..mmm.
img_227660_2_85b062bc117e4548b87fb1c480d4e619.jpg

nom
img_227660_3_aad0a8a2636f2b438907a12c6f65168a.jpg

I love you forever from that pic. Beef liver is one of my all time favorites and that looks excellent! Reminds me of my mom......she'd make the best.

Looks great!!!! I'm the only one in my family that likes liver and onions so I don't get to eat it very often

I haven't had that since I was a kid! That was so long ago I don't remember if I liked it or not. :shock: Now I'm gonna have to try it again to find out!

Looks great. I think we eat it a little doner perahps. I dont recall any bleeding in my plate. I tried it in place of pork liver in a batch of Boudan one time. Gave it a real bitter flavor. Makes great catfish bait on a trot line. Turtles love it too which can be problematical.

bigwheel

I don't like it rubbery ;) It's not blood, just juice from where the other piece was resting.

Liver is just one of those things I crave every once in awhile. I happen to like it...chicken liver too.

You should see the kittens chow it in raw form. Gotta watch your fingers when you put it down!

Could imagine how them putty tats might like that stuff. Ate a ton of it as a child but dont seem like we eat it much nowadays. I love fried chicken livers especially when alternated with gizzards on a one to one basis.

bigwheel

Griff said:
Scotty, you're killing me with the liver pics. I love liver and onions.
Me, too. I usually cook mine in seasoned flour but either way is fine. I love liver with white rice and stewed tomatoes.

Like alot of others, I miss the liver my Mom cooked up for us kids.
Yours looks great Scotty!

8)

I can't even find liver here anymore unless it's been frozen for who knows how long???? Reminds me of Mom also! We had it growing up.

Back
Top Bottom