June Triple Smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeeRich

Sous Chef
Well, the video says it all. All except my notes. I appreciate any feedback, even if you like my videos. I am trying to be instructional for noobs.

June 10, 2010, start 7:30 am
Actual Temp 250°F

5 pounds chicken (duration 4:15) (rating 16/20)
5 pounds Brisket Point (duration 5:00) (rating 17/20)
5 pounds Boston Butt (duration 8:30) (rating 18/20)
3 pounds Chicken (duration 4:15) (rating 16/20)

Wood 1 = Apple/Cedar @ 0
Wood 2 = Cherry @ 30

2 different chickens.
Everything but smaller chicken, marinated in Leffe Brune in fridge.

Large Chicken - Wolfe Citrus (light rub)
Brisket - Wolfe Original & Zatarains
Boston Butt - Mustard & Wolfe Citrus & Zatarains
Small Chicken - Nothing

Chickens off at 11:45am, when above 165°F
Brisket off at 190, wrapped in foil, wrapped in towels
Boston Butt up to top, went up to 300°F, aiming for 195°F

Butt taken off at 4pm by force, got up to 192°F
Butt was nice, but small. 8 hours, you want more out of it.

[youtube:1yntw0eg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54BMaVHSVa4[/youtube:1yntw0eg]

Looks like a great smoke and super video, very informative. Only thought is I'm a slow reader and some of the captions were not displayed long enough. I was interested enough to go back and re-read. Only other thought is you should show the beer you drink during the cook :LOL:

Yeah I was noticing that when I put the video together. I used up my footage. There's a rule about video that I didn't follow, and that's get 3 times the amount of footage as you will need. The pause button will be useful though.

I didn't have any beer during that. 7 am beers are for when you stay up all night. Heh.

Glad you liked the video.

Cliff H. said:
Nice work on the video. I know it takes a lot of work to put one together.

Food looked great.

Thank you sir. I have it pretty streamlined now. With the camera I have it's put together in about 15 to 25 minutes. The uploading goes overnight, which takes longer than it does to make the video and export it.

I get a kick out of doing it, as it's magical food, a long but fun process, and many people ask about it, so I usually need a video to explain how it's done. Nothing beats video, and cameras go for $120 these days.

Another great video BeeRich!
All of the meats look like they turned
out nice. Very informative!

8)

Well thank you. I think I'll be doing a very special video soon. Something that is pretty rare, even in the smoking scene.

No the draft is pretty much the same. The product wouldn't vary that much. I can get it on draft here in Toronto, so I'll check next time. I'd love to do the research for you.

What I find about these forums, and BBQ guys in general, is that their beer selection is somewhat out of whack with respect to the quality they put into their cooking. I would have thought the diverse beers from around the world would definitely have impact on their techniques in here.

I love all sorts of beer but rarely have them on hand. Had a couple tall Hacker-Pschorr Wiess's yesterday and am heading to the local Czeck bar later for some imports there. Typically the wife buys the beer for the house and she is cheaper than I am so it's Old Style LOL! The tag line for Old Style should be; Old Style, after a couple or 4 you won't care anyway.

Hey BeeRich, great job with the cook and your video. Love the smoke rings! I don't quite get the ratings you show (16/20, etc.) but I give you 5 Mooos on the Moo scale for the brisket - Mooo, Mooo, Mooo, Mooo & MOOO!

Hiya Lew.

I built a database system to have a way of personally rating everything I make. I put it out of 20 instead of 10, because it gives more information.

The brisket is a tough one. I keep trying.

Yeah I will be using longer shots next time so I can fit them in. Transitions break those bars so I'll be taking that into consideration next time.

Oh well, means I have to BBQ some more now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom