Hot Yellow Pepper Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I tried a recipe for hot spicy southwestern style chicken last night. Made a puree of 10 yellow chilies plus one habanero chili. Put a couple of tablespoons of the puree in a large mixing bowl and swished the chicken pieces around in it. After that, I gave the chicken a liberal dusting of "Chef Merito's Chicken Seasoning" with a pinch of ground cumin seed to each piece.

It came out really nice. Next time I'm going to add more of the puree to the bowl to give it even more heat. I have a lot of the puree left over so I'm going to freeze it and experiment with more chicken later on.

Chicken ready to go on the grill.

Everything on the grill. Back in one hour.

Plated with tomato salad and grilled corn. Put a nice butter, minced onion and habanero chili basting on the corn after it came off the grill - yum, yum!

Lew that seasoning is the best. I have both beef and chicken. I'm cooken 40 lbs of chicken on the 4th with it. I get the boneless skinless chicken thighs for Restaurant Depot. Layer them with that seasoning then a bit of orange juice, onions and cilantro. Then another layer of chicken etc. Great job. We need to get all the California folks for a meet and greet cook off in the park.

Tri Tip said:
Lew that seasoning is the best. I have both beef and chicken. I'm cooken 40 lbs of chicken on the 4th with it. I get the boneless skinless chicken thighs for Restaurant Depot. Layer them with that seasoning then a bit of orange juice, onions and cilantro. Then another layer of chicken etc. Great job. We need to get all the California folks for a meet and greet cook off in the park.
That sounds like chicken lasagna to me. You actually layer them on the grill and cook indirect? Am I interpreting that right? Sounds like a good trick if it works.

A meeting in the park would be great. Sometime after June though. My son is getting married on the 19th and he has asked me to provide some Q for the reception. Kicking some ideas around now. The only problem is everything needs to be prepared in advance and brought to the reception. There's no facilities for cooking on-site so we are brining chafing dishes to warm things up. It's also complicated because half the guests are vegetarians.

The saving grace is that it's not a sit down meal and the reception isn't going to start until about 9:00 P.M. so it's going to be kind of pot luck snacking food thing. I'm doing some pulled pork for sandwiches and maybe smoked turkey sliced up and served cold. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bbquzz said:
Sounds and looks like a great recipe Lew, I did notice the Corona is missing from the first picture :LOL:
Hey Buzz, the Corona didn't make it to the grill. It got downed at the prep table. Thanks for reminding me though. I guess I need to make time to go get that second one. :LOL:

Smokey Lew said:
bbquzz said:
Sounds and looks like a great recipe Lew, I did notice the Corona is missing from the first picture :LOL:
Hey Buzz, the Corona didn't make it to the grill. It got downed at the prep table. Thanks for reminding me though. I guess I need to make time to go get that second one. :LOL:

Not a problem Lew, wouldn't want you to get behind on the Corona :LOL: That new grill is great!

As far as a meet and greet we defiantly should. I know we got folks as far north as the valley and as far south as San Diego. I think there is at least 4 so cal folks on here all the time. Seal Beach is kind of halfway and you can bring huge grills. Defiantly something to think about. Maybe late July. Maybe Buzz can fly out. :)

Tri Tip said:
As far as a meet and greet we defiantly should. I know we got folks as far north as the valley and as far south as San Diego. I think there is at least 4 so cal folks on here all the time. Seal Beach is kind of halfway and you can bring huge grills. Defiantly something to think about. Maybe late July. Maybe Buzz can fly out. :)
That sounds good to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom