The Search Is On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Going to build a UDS now that one of my WSM's is gone. The other one is with the motor home and it belongs to the wife. Blew all my fun money on the new computer after the old one took a powder.Got to start to beat the bushes for a drum now.

Pigs

Hey, you live near Love Canal !!! They are the poster child for chem drums. Or, one of those plants along the Niagara River (Hooker Chem, DuPont, Olin). :LOL:

Great advice Rag. The drums with the skull and crossbones printed on the side look very kewlish. Make a person look like a pirate or something.

bigwheel

How do you want your steak? "Glowing" :LOL:

Hmm... if it's radioactive enough, you won't need any fuel to cook! It's a MicroWave UDS! How 21st century! :twisted:

Kind of sure I can get a steel food service drum from the cheese factory up the road for five bucks. I have bought 30 gallon plastic drums from them in the past. They make great trash cans after a work over with a jig saw to cut the top off. Lids can be bought at the local feed mill. We use them at camp.

Pigs

Great price on the the cheese drums. Feed store was up to 13 and some change last one I bought.

bigwheel

Once I cooked on a UDS I had to sell off the WSM's There is just nothing like the flavor and texture of bbq on a uds. We got 2 top 10 calls the other week on em and 12 th in chicken. Beat 2 Pellet Cooker teams. You get smoke/roasted/grilled all in one! I'll never cook on anything else! We use 4 for comps. One for each meat....

I can see where this is going...so I left my UDS out to cool down and the garbage men came and took it......

wittdog said:
I can see where this is going...so I left my UDS out to cool down and the garbage men came and took it......

There is going to be more to it than that. His jig saw is going to take a $hit, his grinder is going to be missing, he forgot who he lent his drill to and the ba$tard won't return it ............................. you get the point.

Now no doubt cops are gonna cuz trouble somewhere along the line on this deal. Prob get himself a ticket for an illegal burn..polluting the air with foul and hazardous odors or something like that. Sure there is laws against all that kinda non sense up in Noo Yawk.

bigwheel

Pigs not a drum but maybe worth looking at, within driving distant in Kane Pa. Erie Pa., Craigslist, Farm and garden, Tues Apr. 27, halfway down list "300 gal. steel tank" looks like a start for a smoker!

Axlelift said:
Pigs not a drum but maybe worth looking at, within driving distant in Kane Pa. Erie Pa., Craigslist, Farm and garden, Tues Apr. 27, halfway down list "300 gal. steel tank" looks like a start for a smoker!

He just gave his big smoker to his friend!

Nick Prochilo said:
Axlelift said:

He just gave his big smoker to his friend!

I still have one big hog pit left. Gave the older one to a pal and he fixed it up. my other big pit sits with the motor home down where it's parked. Still in good shape. Cooks like a charm. Uses a little more fuel (lump) than my bud next to me that has 4 BGE's. The BGE is fun to cook on, but the big tank will crank out 50 pounds of chicken, or 20 pork butts better at the big party's When we have a big party. Folk do throw a few bucks in the fish bowl. too much fun.

Pigs

bigwheel said:
He has friends?

bigwheel

4.gif

Well I feels your pain. I used to keep a 15 gallon keg o Lone Star in my den up in Wilbarger County. With the nearest beer store 25 miles off in Wichita County. Whew I had mo friends than a person could shake a stick at. As you might have guessed when the keg box got sold off the friends found greener pastures. Old Patrick Henry would most likely call them scoundrels summer soldiers and fair weather patriots etc. Or somebody said that.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom