Some BBQ, some boiling.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Saturday

A sack of bugs getting a fresh water bath to clean 'em off before boiling

045vi.jpg

A boat load of boiled crawfish steaming hot right out of the pot

052io.jpg

Fat, juicy and good eatin' and gotta have some ice cold Abita beers

053tk.jpg

Sunday

Tonights dinner consisted of::
BBQ chicken done in the style of the 60's when it was bbq'd on those open, round pits and sauce(more often than not was "OpenPit" brand) was put on before it was removed from the grill. I chose to cut up two whole chickens(why does it taste better done this way?). I also grilled some boudin and sausage. Made some cheesy garlic bread on the grill, baked beans and potato salad made from leftover(diliberately actually)taters from yesterdays crawfish boil. I had the opportunity to use a prototype "Uncle Lee Birds Cajun Zing Zydeco" sauce that was fantastic!

sundayyardbird001.jpg

Almost ready to eat
sundayyardbird004.jpg

I always fail to get pics of the food plated but, I can assure you it was really good. My neighbors must hate me because of the smells and smoke emanating from my yard. Oh well!

Thanks for the comments guys. A couple of replys for ya.

Yes, they were alive as in the first picture you can see the 42 lbs of them in a champagne basket in a tub getting rinse good. if you don't rinse them, they taste and make the water you boil them in taste muddy.

Adding Old Bay to boiled or steamed seafood is how they do it in the Northeast and east coast. Here in louisiana, we season the water we're cooking the seafood(crawfish, shrimp, crabs)in with either a liquid or dry seasoning specifically for that purpose. Then we add onions, lemons, garlic and some put celery and some other stuff. Then the crawfish are put in and cooked then soaked to absorb flavor(no Old Bay).

Heck, now I'm thinking about cooking more this weekend. Mmmm.........Thanks again guys!

Back
Top Bottom