Beer Can Chicken Leftovers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nothing, I just like my skin crispy.

For stock, I think the results should be wonderful. The ice cubes will definately come in handy!!!

Dave'sWife said:
so, clue in the noob and tell me what Beer Can Chicken is!

beerchick.gif

ohhhhhhhhhh. OK

Boy.. the things you miss out on when both yer Dad and Grandad are members of AA.

I'll have to try this. Too bad I can't use a can of Guinness. (Guiness cans have that CO2 cartridge in the bottom)

Beer Can Chicken (from the Surreal Gourmet)
Q) Why did the chicken cross the road?
A) Because it couldn't remember where it left its beer

1 4-pound whole chicken
1 can of beer
2 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons of your favorite dry spice rub
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Prep

1 Remove neck and giblets. Discard. Rinse chicken inside and out—pat dry with paper towels. Rub chicken lightly with oil then rub inside and out with salt, pepper and dry rub. Set aside.
2 Open beer can and take several gulps (make them big gulps so that the can is half full). Place beer can on a solid surface. Grabbing a chicken leg in each hand, plunk the bird cavity over the beer can. Transfer the bird-on-a-can to your grill and place in the center of the grate, balancing the bird on its two legs and the can like a tripod.
3 Cook chicken over medium-high, indirect heat (i.e. no coals or burners on directly under the bird), with the grill cover on, for approximately 1 1/4 hours or until the internal temperature registers 165°F in the breast area and 180°F in the thigh, or until the thigh juice runs clear when stabbed with a sharp knife. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.

The Joker said:
You must have traced that pic back to the source. :!:

I may be a noob, but I'm noty totally without some resources! :grin:

When it comes to food.. I'll track down anything. I'm not a real big eater myself, but nothing gives me more pleasure than to cook for others, especially my husband, Dave.

I wish now I hadn't wasted half my life on Academic pursuits. I began working for a Caterer in Grad School to pay tuition and I enjoyed it much more than field work. Eventually, when I left Academia, I started doing free-lance catering. I'd love to open a small Homestyle eatery someday.

Burnt Food Dude said:
Finney said:
Pour that Guuiness into a coke can and go for it. 8-[

Why don't you fool everybody and pour Coke into the Guiness can? :grin:

Because the CO2 cartridge in the Guiness can would explode....

Drum rim shot please.

that's what started this whole discussion silly! :grin:

Guinness in cans gets it's fizze when you pop the top and the Carbon Dioxide cartridge is triggered. However, some CO2 is always still in there which means - don't expose them to heat unless you like fireworks.

Dave'sWife said:
[quote="Burnt Food Dude":3aiecg5i]
Finney said:
Pour that Guuiness into a coke can and go for it. 8-[

Why don't you fool everybody and pour Coke into the Guiness can? :grin:

Because the CO2 cartridge in the Guiness can would explode....

Drum rim shot please.

that's what started this whole discussion silly! :grin:

Guinness in cans gets it's fizze when you pop the top and the Carbon Dioxide cartridge is triggered. However, some CO2 is always still in there which means - don't expose them to heat unless you like fireworks.[/quote:3aiecg5i]
Now I'm glad you said that 'cause me or some other unsuspecting "layman" (insert your title here) could have blown their fool head off taking suggestions from these here folk! 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

I would hate to see an injustice done here...Please do not use Guiness for cooking! I usually use one of my homebrew beers and to tell the truth I have not been able to tell much difference between styles of beer, when cooking a bird on it. Use whatever you have laying around. Notice the Bud can in the pic! Put the good stuff in a glass while yer cooking! and enjoy...It is like Ben Franklin said"Beer is proof that the good Lord loves us..and He wants us all to be happy"! :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom