reheating bbq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bearclaw

Assistant Cook
how about some suggestions for reheating bbq--doing 2 butts today and serving tomorow-want them to taste fresh-thanks

I would push and pull it and pan it up in a big Sams disposable pan. Add some liquid (see below) and a liberal dusting of the rub you used to start with. Put a tinfoil top on the pan and heat to 160 on the pit on in the oven. You want just enough liquid to moisten it but not enough for the folks to notice its been sauced. Simple huh? I would go something along this line but surely feel free to tweak it to your own taste buds.

2 cups bbq sauce (Headcountry Regular works well)
1 cup apple cider or juice
1/2 cup black coffee
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 T. Wooster
1/3 cup Jack Daniels or Ezra Brooks
1 T. dry mustard
1 T. Hotsauce (I like Sirriachi or Franks)
2 t. MSG

Get it mixed up and simmer a while in a small sauce pan till the flavors get blended. Dump on the pork and mix it up a bit prior to reheating. Sample and add rub, salt and peppa as needed.

bigwheel

Ive done some catering gigs. I foil and pull it at about 180-190.
Let it go down to about 80-90 degrees then put it in the fridge.
You can than reheat it in the oven or offset in a grill. I usually reheat at about 350 or so and bring it up to at least 160. It won't be competition quality but the average Jo wont know the difference. I was reading this dudes blog once. He does catering too. He does the same thing but puts a layer of suran wrap then the foil. I guess plastic wrap will not melt below 475 degrees. He does it mainly because he reheats on cite and does events for 1500 + so his 40 or so butts go in the freezer over the weeks ahead. The suran wrap prevents freezer burn and better freshness.

Reheating BBQ? It never lasts long enough to even make it in the fridge.

If I had to, I would take Tri Tips advise and warm things up in the oven or the grill. :D

Hmmmm..I thought me and old Typhoid Mary was only one who knew that trick. Shows to go ya huh?

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom