Ribs and maybe moinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justaguy

Sous Chef
Doing a couple racks of ribs for the game today. Got em on a little later than I planned since I decided for some variety and made to different 2 different rub recipes. I got all the stuff for moinks too. I've never done moinks before, what am I looking at for cook time?

Attachments

• Rubbed.JPG
    Rubbed.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 565
I just happen all the stuff for meatballs so I was gonna take the homemade route.

Good lookin' ribs and now I'm anxious to see the moink pictures, with Scotty guiding the way they gotta be good. I've never done them, but I'll have to put them on the short list.

Game didn't turn out in my favor, but the food was good. I didn't make a sauce so I decided against setting any and just served it at the table, so only one pic shows sauced ribs, I threw together some beans towards the end of the cook. You can also see I did a quick shoddy job on the rib trimming.

Attachments

• Moink.JPG
    Moink.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 570
  • Tasters.JPG
    Tasters.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 531
  • Plate.JPG
    Plate.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 543
All I thought I had was Sweet Baby Rays original, and the brown sugar one. I had planned to find a recipe and make one but that didn't happen. After the fact I remembered I had some Montebello Apple BBQ sauce from my secret santa that I should have used. Gotta order some sauce today.
I thought the moinks were good, I think I'd rather just sick to ABT's. But they were nice for a change.

Looks excellent! I've never done moinks before. Need to try them sometime. Looks easier to prep than abt's.

Back
Top Bottom