Reheated brisket & killer roasted garlic mashed potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
This is an update to my posting last Friday, "Brisket Challenge". On the recommendation of bigwheel, I refrigerated the brisket after smoking, foiling and cooling down in an ice chest for 2 hours. Bigwheel said it would be an award winning brisket if reheated with plenty of good tasting mop. He was right! :D

Made a pot full of killer roasted garlic mashed potatoes to go with it. The key ingredient
being two heads of roasted garlic squeezed into the pot of potatoes.

If you would like to try the potatoes here's the link to the recipe http://www.redvelvetcafe.com/vegetables ... tatoes.php

Here's the plate of brisket with a generous amount of the mop I made for the brisket last
weekend ready for the oven.

Brisket after heating just long enough to become nice and juicy.

Finally, the plated meal - Yummy! Had a nice green salad with it.

Bigwheel is old school. He sees UFO's still. I think he has been abducted 27 times and they taught him new BBQ secrets. All the food you made looks very tasty.. Jeff is a good ole boy!!!

surfinsapo said:
Bigwheel is old school. He sees UFO's still. I think he has been abducted 27 times and they taught him new BBQ secrets. All the food you made looks very tasty.. Jeff is a good ole boy!!!

Once you get past all his texican talk, he makes a lot of sense. Most of his thoughts and ideas do work. I think he is really from NY but nobody told him!

Captain Morgan said:
good lord, that's one hell of a recipe for a mop.
I bet it is good. Kinda like putting a Mercedes engine
into a Cadillac.

Yea, that's what I thought at first. I actually passed on it until the very end and then decided to give it a try. It went pretty quickly once I got started.

Back
Top Bottom