Late Season Canning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Our homemade Kraut is done and will canned tomarrow...and as long as we are canning...we will be making some Mustard viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7302 and some Taco sauce (the Taco sauce recipe is in the Ball Blue Book of canning..and will be altered slightly with some stuff that I prefer)

What was the verdict from the Quality Control dept. about the kraut? Couldn't have been too bad, if you decided to can it.

Mikey came back for a big handfull...It was good a tad salty at first but if you gave it a rinse it was spot on...and the flavor didn't go away like the store bought stuff after the rinse
This batch was much better then the one we did a few years ago...this batch was just cabbage and salt..no peppercorns..

Your mustard is very yummy, too, if I can judge by the jar you gave to me. Would love the taco sauce recipe, if you can let me know!

Puff said:
Hey Dave how about the recipe for the mustard?
:mrgreen:
Ditto, I've wanted to make my own forever, but I've never seen a recipe that wouldn't cost a mint. (then again I've only looked the once, but If I can find one here I know it's trustworthy).

Back
Top Bottom