Shrimp Gumbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Made this a couple nights ago but finally got around to posting. Simple, quick shrimp gumbo. More pic's, recipe and a story are at The Wolfe Pit

img_208304_0_c9ff9748b38a2843e1a217a01cbd85c9.jpg
img_208304_1_e6de010ab3341aa3c31c526d6b8b969e.jpg

Ahhh Larry...that is krewlish and unusual punishment to show pics like that to hongry folks. Especially those of us who are cajuns at heart:) Fine job young man. I wished I was a rich boy so I could buy a bunch of big shrimps like that :shock:

bigwheel

Woops. Thanks Boy. Just spotted them maters. Somebody get the rope and the hawg knife :evil: Anybody who want to put maters in the Gumbo must have it labled as "Texanized." I am not the Chief but rather just an Injun. I dont make up the rules. I just follows em.

bigwheel

007bond-jb said:
Dat looks more like a shrimp creole & a fine one too

You mean a 'Creole' gumbo versus 'Cajun' gumbo right? Just curious, not being a smartass, but they're both 'gumbos' just from different regions correct?

Gumbo = A Creole stew, Gumbo is usually made with tomatoes, okra, and other vegetables and meats. Gumbo usually starts with a roux as the thickener, and filé powder is often added just before serving.

bigwheel said:
Woops. Thanks Boy. Just spotted them maters. Somebody get the rope and the hawg knife :evil: Anybody who want to put maters in the Gumbo must have it labled as "Texanized." I am not the Chief but rather just an Injun. I dont make up the rules. I just follows em.

bigwheel

I never seen a gumbo recipe without tomatoes in it......... :roll:

Ahh ok now I'm getting the pitcher here. Folks who makes roux's is of the same mindset of adding water to the soup when the kin comes calling. I always wondered why Gumbos without roux tasted so much mo betta than one with. Thanks Boy. Now since you a nice yankee from up around Baton Rouge I gotta spalin something to ya. Creole Gumbos aka around Nor'lawns can have mater products (mostly sauce and or paste) but Cajun Gumbo aint allowed to have none. Simple huh? Now it take a Texan to put big hunks of maters in there.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom