Yer Thoughts Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Ain't been round much, came home from work Thursday night an wen't ta check on my mother, she's 91. Found her in bed in a real bad way. Called 911 an got her ta the hospital.

Long time in ER, real low blood level down ta 5.6 hemoglobin. Started a transfusion an her heart rate went crazy. Thought we was gonna loose her fer sure. Gave her some medicine an finally got things calmed down. Moved her to a private room an spent the next 40 hours with her.

They gave her 4 units a blood. Found out yesterday she has a bleedin ulcer. She's feelin some better, makin lots more sense an they givin her some soft foods. She gonna have a long road ahead a her. Will be goin ta skilled care fer a bit ta get her stregnth back.

Been over this afternoon cleanin up the house, what a mess. Won't go inta details.

Were gonna make a few changes when she comes home, some skilled care at home, a home alert system an meals on wheels ta start.

I'm beat, gettin to old ta go that long without sleep.

Rough time and rough time of year to deal with it all.
Ditto on the good son
Just keep doing what you know how and take it day by day
You, your Mom and family are in my prayers.

Thoughts and Prayers for Your Mom, You and your Family.
(Smokey_Joe pretty much summed it up).
Take Care
dj

Oh, dear. Hugs for you first - if only to help hold you up, while you face such a tough road.
Prayers for you all, and happy thoughts for a speedy recovery for your Mom!

Great effort Hillbilly. Surely be some blessings in store for your sacrificial type service. Praying hard on this end.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom