For the GIN lovers!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Chilling the glass

img_206662_0_05914140c8b24e63399d1bda061f61a6.jpg

The Usual suspects

img_206662_1_52526eef130e60eedabb93b366e91a69.jpg

1 Tbsp of Vermouth

img_206662_2_3d42b84d91f2ac34a91f176c1b3cbd5d.jpg

Pour over ice to infuse with vermouth

img_206662_3_767ebcf67ca67888925b082165472257.jpg

Strain out extra vermouth

img_206662_4_30e3d59b2fcab173c0419887f6bebc12.jpg

Pour in 3 large measures of Sapphire

img_206662_5_e39c52e9fc9af919e9db86ddeab1ef04.jpg

Olive Garnish ready for the drink!

img_206662_6_6b31c294bf6f11b7c9e0cd7b0879f763.jpg

STIR 30 times & Strain in to chilled glass!!

img_206662_7_63b84d5e3ec0a481981eba52a5e8199a.jpg

Finished Product!!

img_206662_8_39c10238e1ef889d435cd77e7d862880.jpg

I've never had a martini........but it looks pretty good and if YOU and James Bond like them, they can't be that bad!

Griff said:
Great pics Greg. I prefer Beefeaters to Bombay, but they are both good gins. In fact, I'm drinking one now.
Groovy glass. I'm with Griff on this one. Beefeaters I think is better also. Save the cheap stuff for the blender. Bombay is not that cheap ether. They are both good, but when it comes down to a good martini, I'll take Beefeaters.

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
...Save the cheap stuff for the blender...

When I bought this yesterday...the Bombay Sapphire 750ml was a tad more expensive tha the Beefeaters. :shock:

Splurge a little, Pigs...save the Beefeaters for the blender! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":23d542qc]...Save the cheap stuff for the blender...

When I bought this yesterday...the Bombay Sapphire 750ml was a tad more expensive tha the Beefeaters. :shock:

Splurge a little, Pigs...save the Beefeaters for the blender! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:[/quote:23d542qc]
Guess I'll pull the trigger this holiday. Don't mater after the forth one. :LOL:

Pigs

Now I likes my gin mixed with Grapefruit juice and salt. I tried to drink a Martini one time down in Wise County. The dumb imbred barmaid mixed me and a pal up one made out of Gin and Scotch. The confusion apparently arose when the other imbred dumb barmaid tole the lady to use Gin and the stuff in the Green bottle. Which I think she meant Vermouf or something but the Gin also come in a green bottle. That combo can trigger a puke reflex just to touch the lips. Now this old crusty yankee from Wisconsin who I used to fish with a lot also carry a half gallon jug of Vodka down in the ice chest. He axe you if you want a martini..he snag the jug and everybody take a big pull and he would start singing Eyetalian Opera Songs at the top of his lungs. Maybe thats why we neva caught many fish. Swear there has been some evenings coming in after a hard day of fishing and having Martinis when it was difficult to find the shore and it aint a very big lake. Always glad he did the driving.

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
Griff said:
Nick, what brand of bourbon do you prefer?
Makers, of course!

I love Maker's too...I will also partake in Woodford Reserve, Baker's and Booker's if arm twisted! :LOL: :LOL:

Of course, I will always make time for my buddy, Jim Beam! :D

I'd like mine in a VERY tall glass, some ice, tonic and a squeeze of real lime.

I'd like it now, please.

Has anyone tried a Dirty Martini? It's the drink of the twenty-something crowd.

Same as a regular Martini with the addition of some of the olive juice. I'm learning to like it.

Mar, I have had dirty Martini's before...if you like olives (and I do) it adds a nice flavor. But usually I like the standard dry Martini.

mar52 said:
I'd like mine in a VERY tall glass, some ice, tonic and a squeeze of real lime.

I'd like it now, please.

Has anyone tried a Dirty Martini? It's the drink of the twenty-something crowd.

Same as a regular Martini with the addition of some of the olive juice. I'm learning to like it.

Oh yea, a Dirty Martini. We are lucky to have some pals that own http://www.louiesdeli.com/ They get those huge green olives in a five gallon bucket, when there all gone, we get the brine and put it in the fridge at the club house. :D

Pigs

bbquzz said:
Does anyone on this post like beer? Oh I guess the subject is Gin lovers ... I'll move on to a beer post :LOL:

This is a hard liquor thread. I prefer Knob Creek bourbon. Some one gave me a bottle of Blanton's bourbon last week, but I haven't cracked it yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom