You know a "barbecue" book is bad when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't say I don't blame you Greg. They do crock pot pork at the little deli down the street from me and try to sell it as bbq pulled pork. YUCK. I can smell the liquid smoke when I go in there. Never had one, never will.

Pigs

I have to say I got started in a crock pot, no liquid smoke, but a crock pot. I thought it was good until I found the BBQ Central Forum and my Smokeator. Now at least I know what a smoke ring is, I'm learning, thanks to all of you. Think I'll save that one so when we are going around the table Thursday I can say "I am thankful for the BBQ Central Forum." Nobody else take that one :D

BBQUZZ,
I too thought I knew what BBQ was. That is until I herd Greg's pod cast, that led me to the Forum, that led to the UDS mother thread, that led to building a UDS, that led to abandoning all hope of finding good Q in Southern Cali..... Other than at home and my Q friends home.

Keith F said:
BBQUZZ,
...that led to building a UDS, that led to abandoning all hope of finding good Q in Southern Cali...

Keith, Santa Maria style barbecue was born in Southern California!! You have GREAT bbq right in your backyard, no??

Santa Maria style barbecue was born in Southern California!! You have GREAT bbq right in your backyard, no??
I guess you are right (Yet Again) The hunt is now on for the best Que in SoCal

Keith F said:
Santa Maria style barbecue was born in Southern California!! You have GREAT bbq right in your backyard, no??
I guess you are right (Yet Again) The hunt is now on for the best Que in SoCal
Just don't try Buster's off Johnson near the 101 in Ventura (Montalvo). Not good.

John

Daddio,
How funny, that is one of the "Santa Maria" style houses. I went there a couple weeks ago. There was a long line and everything. In TX and TN a long line means good Q. Well here in SoCal not so much. The Q was "Grilled" on there very large (out in the open, on display, grill). Not the low and slow that I fell in love with on a trip to Alabama 2 summers ago.

Keith F said:
Daddio,
How funny, that is one of the "Santa Maria" style houses. I went there a couple weeks ago. There was a long line and everything. In TX and TN a long line means good Q. Well here in SoCal not so much. The Q was "Grilled" on there very large (out in the open, on display, grill). Not the low and slow that I fell in love with on a trip to Alabama 2 summers ago.
Yep, that's the place. I watched them pull partially "barbecued" ribs out of a Coleman chest cooler and grill them for about five minutes before serving them. Oh, and they pulled my hotlink out of the store package and grilled it for a solid three minutes in front of me.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom