Marinade for a 4 or 5 lb chuck roast/ or venison roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoken yankee

Assistant Cook
This has been in our family since the early 1920's.
Ingredients:
8 Tbls. soy sauce
4 Tbls. Old Grand Dad
2 Cloves Garlic - minced
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Fresh minced Ginger or ground ginger powder
1 1/2 cups Warm Water
Mix all ingredients together and place chuck roast or
venison, in a zip lock bag, pour in ingredients over meat.
Place bag on a plate in frig for 6 hours or overnite. Set up
smoker (225*-250*). Smoke for 4 hours or inturnal temp
165/170.
We use to do this in the oven, but I wanted something different so I started smoking it and haven't gone back to the old way. :D :D

Well I will give it a try. Thanks for the recipe. Now old Grandad gives me a helluva hangover. Would it be ok to use Ezra? That is the brand which tastes like Jack Daniels should but don't. Only Sour Mash Bourbon deserving of a cork. Aged a long time for smoothness and 90 proof for character. Cost only about 20 bucks per the half gallon size. The bottle makes a great container for ho made wine. It dont need even rinsing cuz that whiskey kills germs. If you drink it with water it make you sleepy like beer or wine drinking. If you drink it with coke it keep a person up all night and headed to Dallas to write hot checks etc.

bigwheel

What ever turns you on, use what you want, I'm not eatin the roast, what ever floats your boat. I'll be doing a venison roast this weekend for a buddy and will be using MY marinade, but I'm injecting it into the roast. So it won't take as long to marinade it. Enjoy

Well why you giving us some old crappy recipe that you wouldn't use yourself? Thanks.

bigwheel

Yeah tell him Griff. He didn't even splain about the injecting part neither. Had to pry that additional info outta his tight coola with a crow bar if anybody failed to notice. Typical *ankee behavorior patterns:)

bigwheel

bigwheel, I'm sorry you feel that way about my recipe, you don't have to try it, no hair off my ***** and Griff that's my family marinade and the only one I think is decent. I'm not mad at eather of you, so if you don't want to try it, it's your lose...LOL
You didn't have to pry anything out of me, I'm kinda slow in my old age and proud to be a yankee,can't help that, but I did marry a SOUTHERN BELLE from Mississippi. Just my .02

Smoken Yankee - the marinade sounds good. Can you give me the details of cooking it in the oven? Also, have you used any other beef roasts? Thanks!

Well just poking your eye a little..joking around etc. Now I aint gonna stoop low enough to buy any Old Grandad. Sorry. Glad to hear you got hitched up with a nice Southern gal. I married a Northerner..that be from North Texas of course.

bigwheel

3 Olives - yes I'v used top and botton round, I even once in awhile marinaded different steaks for that extra kick, I'v done tender loin. For the oven trick, preheat oven at 350* and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours (check inturnal temp for 145 to 150) or to your liking or you can broil it but watch it closely so you don't kill it...lol
bigwheel - I know you were poking fun at this yankee and I can give it back to a cowboy. Why not old grandad to cheap for your likin, you want to use some of that home brew you make back in the woods...LOL

Well I have been broke but not quite reached the Old Grandad level as of yet..knock on wood. If I ever use the recipe I will put some propa whiskey in it. That should bring the stuff to it's highest useage.

bigwheel

Damn, ifin you need some old grandad send me your home addy and I'll express you a bottle today so you can try it this weekend...lol

Hmmm..now that is a tempting offer. I can drink about anything if its free. I will check with the warden and see if it be ok. She has had me in lockdown for a few months now. I am allowed only a splash of Franzia Chillable Red in a big mug of ice water..except for boys night out on Friday which also corresponds to the big Chili Meeting at the same time and location. I will see where Old Grandad could fit somewhere in this puzzle. Thanks.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom