BBQ Scam ---- Spread the word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodSmokeBBQ

Senior Cook
I got a very strange email from someone that wanted me to cook bbq for them. 200 sandwiches, and a private shipper would pick them up for a charge of $950 . I just had to add the shipper fee to my charge, and he was very willing to give his credit card. My scam radar went off right away, and he has been very vague about my other questions. His english was very choppy. I did a quick google search and found this:

http://www.ketv.com/7canhelp/21117851/detail.html

This is the same people for sure.

He contacted me through my website so I am sure he is targeting others.

Be careful and please spread the word.

I never got to the order stage and I am still emailing back and forth. Lets see how much I can charge for an order of 200 sandwiches .

I get 4 or 5 of those calls a month from the "hearing impaired", (Referred to as Relay Calls) and I just hang up. Get a few emails as well, but not nearly as many as those relay calls.
dj

My son had a similar experince selling his golf clubs. The guy sent a check and said his shipper would pick up the clubs. I told my son don't send anything until the check clears. He went to the bank where the check was from and they said it wasn't any good. I told him to pack up some garbage from the garbage cans and call the shipper to pick iot up and deliver it. To bad my wife put a stop to that!

I get those and the hearing impaired calls.

I actually wasted a good deal of time with my first HIC.

When they said they'd send a driver to pick up the merchandise I told the relay person thanks, but I was hanging up as it's a scam.

I think a lot of my emails from these scammers come from China. The English is not good and it's usually addressed to... Sir.

I'm not a Sir.

I put my old genset in Craigs list here in La. Some funny talking guy emails & wants to send a money order & have some shipper pick it up.
(they have a BIG WARNING in Craig's list about this), Take cash only.
I told the guy no money order, have the shipper bring cash & we got a deal. He was a no show...

The warning reads sumthing like this:
Fake money orders, cashier's check & credit card deposits will look ok to your bank at 1st. but when the funds are to be transfered (1 to 2 weeks later) You get screwed & your bank will charge you fee of somekind for the ordeal.
Now you got no cash & your item is who knows where

Look at what I got today.

Hello,
This is Paul David , I will like to make an Order BBQ pork and if you are available on the 27th of October i will like to make an order of 200 pieces of BBQ pork and it will be pick up by private shipper agent and am ready to pay for the full payment now with my credit card so can make it for me on that date and it will be pickup by 1:30 PM and can i have the price per person and the Grand total and can i have you name and address so i can forward it to the private shipper for pickup of the BBQ when is ready for pickup and what type of credit card do you accept.

Hope to hear from you back.

Thanks
Paul

What a dick!

Pigs

Back
Top Bottom