It's Sausage Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
The bug got me this weekend with the temps being low. Am I the only guy thinking about trashing the kitchen and making about a hundred pounds of sausage on the weekend? :LOL: Like Witt sez "don't matter if you make 5 pounds or 50 pounds, the clean up is all the same." ;)

Pigs

Twenty pounds is the sweet spot for fat old lazy guys who sweat a lot. If you aint tried Big Dave's Cheesy Jap variant you ain't had no sausage yet.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Twenty pounds is the sweet spot for fat old lazy guys who sweat a lot. If you aint tried Big Dave's Cheesy Jap variant you ain't had no sausage yet.

bigwheel
It's on the list. Told the wife that if we are going to make a mess, let's do it up right. :LOL: Getting all the ingredients in order and have a game plan. Pickled green mater's are in order too. :D

Pigs
Who hope's his new camera is here soon.

Well I did up 40 pounds by myself a few years back and it was too much for me and the space I have to work with...ice box wise etc. Twenty pounds just about use up one of them small home packs of guts etc. Meat block is the same for everything:

2 bone in boston butts
1 5 lb chub of ground beef chuck (plug Bambi or His Mama in right here and skip the cow since you is a bloodthirsty sportsman:)
1 3 lb box of bacon ends and pieces

That will skeer the sheet out of a twenty pound batch on near each occasion. May vary a pound or two either way. Person want 40 lbs just double it. Triple it and put you at 120. Try it sometime. You will like it.

bigwheel

I cleaned out my freezer of Pollack sausage, smoked it and put chunks into a pickle brine I made up. It's been a week so I think I may sample it.
If it sucks, I still made room in the freezer to make more sausage.

I'm feeling the bug this year. Didn't do much last year.
First on the list will be some of Witt's Granpa's Jumbo Polish for x mas.

Grinding up some pork butts today and going to season them along with some venison. Canning green maters and other things this weekend kind of got in the way.

Pigs

Recieved one of those super market flyers in the mail today. Bone in butts for .79 a lb. I've cooked them from that store before with great results. So now the problem is.........I need another freezer. :shock:

Puff said:
Recieved one of those super market flyers in the mail today. Bone in butts for .79 a lb. I've cooked them from that store before with great results. So now the problem is.........I need another freezer. :shock:
We have a 17 cube and a 19 cube. The 17 is used for venison and sausage. The 19 is for every thing else. Good thing we have cheap electric.

Pigs

Well yall fortunant boys to have all them freezers. I had a nice upright JC Penny brand about 5 feet tall which would hold one nice sized cow but alas as is the custom of most all things of human origins it reached the expiry date and went to freezer heaven. Paid a hundred bucks for it and used it about 10 years so guess it was money well spent. Ya know freezers aint really that big of electric hawgs. I run mine through a little light duty indoor extension cord which neva even got warmish to the touch. Now them refrigerators supposed to be a hoss of a different color so to speak. Especially the giant industrial models.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom