Chuck roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Fired up my newly acquired used WSM with a chuck roast today. Had are little bit of a hard time maintaining temps, they kept creeping up even with bottom vents closed. The chuck turned out really good and most of it pulled apart really easy. I never cooked a chuck roast or used a WSM before so I was pleased.

roast after a 2 hour rest in a cooler
img_202010_0_cad5512a24401470445318bb8006493f.jpg

pulled
img_202010_1_cb93fdf7d8bcbb237dad34393ba4ca9a.jpg

Plated
img_202010_2_ce7fdd8a36615f36badd165401eb686c.jpg

Takes a large bosomed mamcita and a house stove to do justice to a Chuck Roast. I don't know which yankee invented the idear of trying to torture one of them po thangs to death in the smoke but they need to have their coola kicked. :roll:

bigwheel

Looks like you nailed it! Nice looking plate o food!
BW since I started smoking chuckies not a one has come close to an oven round here. You ever try one?

Yeppers I have indeed been guitly of abusing chuck roast by fire in times past. It sorta like eating a big wad of large diamter grass rope. Now if it finds itself it in an official Boyscout made in China by Christian Slave Labor cast iron Dutch Oven from Academy sports and stuck in the oven for a while..it becomes suddenly palatable. Simple huh? :LOL:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Yeppers I have indeed been guitly of abusing chuck roast by fire in times past. It sorta like eating a big wad of large diamter grass rope. Now if it finds itself it in an official Boyscout made in China by Christian Slave Labor cast iron Dutch Oven from Academy sports and stuck in the oven for a while..it becomes suddenly palatable. Simple huh? :LOL:

bigwheel
So that I take it is a yes? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom