Easy off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
My can of easy off says "do not spray on painted surfaces". Is the inside of the wsm painted? I cant tell....anyone? thanks. :roll:

dollarbill said:
My can of easy off says "do not spray on painted surfaces". Is the inside of the wsm painted? I cant tell....anyone? thanks. :roll:

wife went to get bbq ez off.......sometimes it pays to be married... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :shock: :shock:

Nick Prochilo said:
The inside isn't painted. Why do you want to use ez off? Why are you cleaning it down to the metal?

I started hand cleanin the kettle and well the rest just might be an unemployment story. :LOL:

Last summer I cleaned my wsm down to the the factory edge by spraying it inside and out with an oven cleaner and then putting all the parts in black trash bags. Then I let the bags sit out in the Arkansas heat for a couple of days.

After hosing it off it was like a new penny.

Cliff H. said:
Last summer I cleaned my wsm down to the the factory edge by spraying it inside and out with an oven cleaner and then putting all the parts in black trash bags. Then I let the bags sit out in the Arkansas heat for a couple of days.

After hosing it off it was like a new penny.

Was it worth it. I'm interested if you noticed any difference, since I've heard of some of the new ones acting different.

Actually, I never did clean it. I got nervouse after Toby mentioned "the goodness" and Ive got my first comp in Oct. . How was the strip clean in Arkansas . heat Cliff? My guess is you opened the bag and the cleaner ate the whole damn thing..lol ( my luck) ..db

did the food have a different taste? Thats my main concern (obviously) . thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom