Apple Cider...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Any thoughts on if this would be ok to inject in to a pork butt? Thought about giving it a whirl for a party tonight.

I've done that a couple of times. It was really good and just added a bit of moisture. I cant say the flavor was sweet, but it was good and everyone loved it.

I've done it a bunch cant tell it improves it much if any. Now if a person shoot it up with some FAB P or C that makes it mo betta in my book. Now aint never had to pleasure of any hard cider. I just speaking of the regular old Tree Top brand from Albertsons.

bigwheel

Pork + Apple (anything!) = Heavenly.

Also, ya can add some of your rub into the liquid for the injection. Just make sure the undesolved particles are ground small enough to fit through the needle.

BOB

I injected apple cider and Italian dressing (1/2 and ½) and won 1st place in a cook off last year. The vinegar in the apple cider and dressing just tenderizers the meat… it’s a heavenly combo I learned from the “big red smokers”

I inject my pork butts, an one a the ingriedients is apple cider (along with some sweet stuff an some seasonin), customers say the pulled pork is better then ever, so I'd say give er a spin! It sure won't hurt nothin!

bigwheel said:
I've done it a bunch cant tell it improves it much if any. Now if a person shoot it up with some FAB P or C that makes it mo betta in my book. Now aint never had to pleasure of any hard cider. I just speaking of the regular old Tree Top brand from Albertsons.

bigwheel

FAB ??

I make a brine that uses apple juice and soak all the butts I smoke, have tried it several ways and everyone seems to love the ones I brine so I just keep doing it. Makes for some extra work but it's worth the effort.

Nick Prochilo said:
I'd bet it would work great Greg! Did you do it? Did it work out okay for you? Pictures?

Nick, it worked but there was no real taste difference...if anything it was to keep the meat moist during the cook at a higher temperature. No one complained at the party and the taste between doing a 9lb butt in 10 hrs vs it usually taking 16+ was the same as well.

I don't think I will be going to the hotter cook from now on but at least I know it will work with similar results.

I cooked around 350* started at 6am...around 2pm I foiled the butts and they were around 175* or so...I took them off at 5pm and held for about 2 hrs prior to pulling. Fell right apart and no tuff pieces which is what I was scared of.

No pictures...but you know what pp looks like by now I hope!

Side note: I did use the Stubbs briquettes for the cook and I was pretty happy with those for sure!

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":22ot5qgk]I'd bet it would work great Greg! Did you do it? Did it work out okay for you? Pictures?

Nick, it worked but there was no real taste difference...if anything it was to keep the meat moist during the cook at a higher temperature. No one complained at the party and the taste between doing a 9lb butt in 10 hrs vs it usually taking 16+ was the same as well.

I don't think I will be going to the hotter cook from now on but at least I know it will work with similar results.

I cooked around 350* started at 6am...around 2pm I foiled the butts and they were around 175* or so...I took them off at 5pm and held for about 2 hrs prior to pulling. Fell right apart and no tuff pieces which is what I was scared of.

No pictures...but you know what pp looks like by now I hope!

Side note: I did use the Stubbs briquettes for the cook and I was pretty happy with those for sure![/quote:22ot5qgk]

Why do we even have rules ? Thats why we cant have anything nice around here !

Back
Top Bottom