DJ'S New Logo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DJ

Sous Chef
Well, after six years of the pig pulling the pit, (wireframe), I've decided to change up the logo a bit to add a little color to our Tee shirts and such. This is what we came up with. If ya want, please comment and pick your 1st choice as I'm not sure which will be our primary....

Option 1

img_200058_0_9f6d8ce4fed2ae180d7491c45c21b926.jpg

Option 2

img_200058_1_1e59d89d323acab06ee23eb14f48b93e.jpg

or

img_200058_2_85c069da093310bd04c87c60dde6eb32.jpg

Ok, probably not this one, but I like the smilin pig with the weird ears...still might put it on a pig burnin Tee Shirt....
dj

I like Option 2 as far as the straight text layout, but the graphic in Option 2 is not as good as Option 1. In Option 1, you can easily tell that you're looking at two state flags, since you can see separation between them, just to the left of the smokestack. In Option 2, the smokestack covers the edges of the two flags, making it look like one long banner. Also, the other smokestack covers the word "Maine" on the Maine flag.

So, how about an Option 3: use Option 1, with the text laid out like Option 2.

Good point, but too late...locked in...dj

Larry D. said:
I like Option 2 as far as the straight text layout, but the graphic in Option 2 is not as good as Option 1. In Option 1, you can easily tell that you're looking at two state flags, since you can see separation between them, just to the left of the smokestack. In Option 2, the smokestack covers the edges of the two flags, making it look like one long banner. Also, the other smokestack covers the word "Maine" on the Maine flag.

So, how about an Option 3: use Option 1, with the text laid out like Option 2.

I like Option 1, for two reasons; the separation of the 2 flags and the fact that Maine is not covered.

One minor point..."Texas style BBQ" shouldn't there be steer pulling the pit. Them folks in Texas think beef is the only true BBQ.

Bruce B said:
I like Option 1, for two reasons; the separation of the 2 flags and the fact that Maine is not covered.

One minor point..."Texas style BBQ" shouldn't there be steer pulling the pit. Them folks in Texas think beef is the only true BBQ.

That's why the pig is smiling. He thinks they're going to cook nothing but briskets. ;)

Larry D. said:
[quote="Bruce B":1s2rdk6c]I like Option 1, for two reasons; the separation of the 2 flags and the fact that Maine is not covered.

That's why the pig is smiling. He thinks they're going to cook nothing but briskets. ;)[/quote:1s2rdk6c]

That's just too much thinking and ciphering for me. :LOL:

Actually I'm taking the Maine flag off option 2 and moving the Texas flag left. This is option 3 and now my favorite.
dj
img_200136_0_b5cf5b9ee21709523c6cf3126676095d.jpg

Thanks, both have the dark outline now

bknox said:
I like #3 as well. Have you looked at it with the black outline around the flag as heavy as the one around the pig and smoker? Just a thought. :D

Back
Top Bottom