Celeb. Chefs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justaguy

Sous Chef
I was just wondering what everyone's favs. are. I personally like Alton Brown, and Ming Sai the most. I like Ramsey as a non demonstration cook. I also watch Americas Test Kitchen almost every week.

P.S. I know we all like Giada de Laurentiis, but that's a whole different subject.

Anthony Bourdain is my fav. Pulls no punches, tells it like it is. I would just love to meet the man in person. Bet he would be a blast at a out door blow out cook.

Pigs

Hey Thanks, I like watchin Gilda, not for the recipes :LOL:

Tyler Florence has some good recipes sometimes. My meatball recipe was missing something, I caught his ulitmate meatball recipe a while back.
Come to find out my proportions were off some. After making some ajustments (more salt, garlic & parsly) They kick butt now...

I like a lot of them and for the ones on TV I like Alton Brown for the geek factor, Guy Fieri for the cool factor, Tony Bourdain for the adventure, Mario because the man is just calm, Michael Symon-- what a laugh, Paula Dean for getting 7 syllables out of the word Y'all, and Giada because she can cook too.

Mike Mills, Adam Perry Lang, and Steven Raichlen for their BBQ guru-ness.

JB for the, well, just cuz damn it!

But... my favorite is Ina Garten. Hands down... I think many of us mighty secretly wish to be Jeffrey. My wife cooks her recipes so I guess I get to live somewhat vicariously through that, but man, what great meals she prepares.

JB is the only one I watch consistantly. Never actually get to see his show, just the replays on u-tube...helluva cook tho.
dj

ScottyDaQ said:
All kidding aside... I can't choose one. Mine are: Julia, Jacques, and Jeff. I grew up watching them on PBS and they are who I learned the fundamentals from.

I totally agree, but you gotta add in Justin Wilson for the same time period!

Now, I like Bobby Flay, Alton Brown and Rachel Ray (I know she's not a chef and can be annoying) but she's who she is and she's real and I like her down to Earth SIMPLE recipes, nothing Gourmet or fancy, but good. Her magazine 'Everyday' is fantastic too, one of my favorite magazines with great recipes and information.

I like Rachel Ray too, I was actually planning on making her chipotle potato salad this weekend.

Justaguy said:
I like Rachel Ray too, I was actually planning on making her chipotle potato salad this weekend.

She is definately fun to look at. :D

You don't have the recipe or a link do you? Sounds good.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom