Crappiest season EVER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Corporate catering is in the toilet. Only one job all summer. Did a couple grad parties for friends and family. Worst summer in 5 seasons.

Well that prob be the Lord's Will. Catering is too strenuous and stressful for fat old lazy boys who sweat a lot. That is a signal for you to hang out at the Pool Hall mo often. Just guessing of course. :roll:

bigwheel

Woodman said:
Corporate catering is in the toilet. Only one job all summer. Did a couple grad parties for friends and family. Worst summer in 5 seasons.

Did you expect any less? Word got out that your beans nearly killed Greg! :shock:

Been real slow round here to. Don't think next year gonna be lots better, unless we get the concession trailer goin. Then we can take the Q to places with lots a hungry people.

That's why I just plumb gave up. Got sick and tired of hearing "how much?" "oh I think I can get it cheaper" " can you throw a side in on that price? " And the classic " I think a buddy of mine can do better" Well it is what it is. I still take phone calls, and when the whinging starts, I just say" thanks for calling, good luck, have a nice day, and hang up. Oh I damn near forgot the one I love the most! I'm a Doctor, do I get a professional discount? Yea pal, how about I charge you double, and then give you half off. ;) Dumb asses! Had a good run since 1995. I have more fun with the motor home and cooking at camp with bro Jack. Yea, it get's a little out of hand some weekends .But no one goes hungry. Good times indeed. But it don't pay the mortgage.

Pigs

We trippled our catering this year and turned down a few on top of that. Pig roasts were a big help. Best year ever and we're in year six.
Hope it's better for ya'll next year and equal fer us. My last one is this Saturday, a 175 person wedding, then 3 more week-ends and I'm closed for the season with exception of possible catering. In need of some rest now. Fed 250 today but that was a fundraiser for a very ill guy at work. All work, no profit.
dj

Good to know we can open up and seriously discuss this stuff here! To all you doofuses who can't be serious, my point was, I had ALOT of repeat customers, who all of the sudden, cancelled to reign in cash.... Now, had I seen this coming, and made an effort, I may have been able to compensate.

Woodman said:
Good to know we can open up and seriously discuss this stuff here! To all you doofuses who can't be serious, my point was, I had ALOT of repeat customers, who all of the sudden, cancelled to reign in cash.... Now, had I seen this coming, and made an effort, I may have been able to compensate.

You telling me you missed last year's election ??? What did you expect?

Oh, I get it. This is OBAMA's fault my catering business is in the crapper. Nothing personal Rag, I voted for the Republicans, and always have. But the rampant Obama bashing from people is getting just as tired as the Bush bashing was . I AM SICK OF BASHING. He is President for four years. That is what the majority wants . Unless he abolishes the transition of power, I can live with him until the next guy cames along.

Great philosophy and pretty much words to live by. While I respect each and every person here, You just moved up a notch.
V/R
dj

Woodman said:
Oh, I get it. This is OBAMA's fault my catering business is in the crapper. Nothing personal Rag, I voted for the Republicans, and always have. But the rampant Obama bashing from people is getting just as tired as the Bush bashing was . I AM SICK OF BASHING. He is President for four years. That is what the majority wants . Unless he abolishes the transition of power, I can live with him until the next guy cames along.

Good point Woody. Actually it's Nancy Polesi and Barney Frank who ruined the catering bizness. Prez Osama is too busy spreading communism to worry about the small stuff.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom