Question- how long can I keep ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sluggo

Cook
that are cooked warm enough to serve?
My situation- I want to make some ribs for a party tomorrow night. I thought about cooking them at 7 am taking them off around noon- 1 pm, saucing them, foiling them, put in a cooler, and go to my party, and then serving them around 6-7pm, so my question is, will they still be warm? and will the quality (if there was any to begin with!!) still be there?

I could wait to later to cook, but then I would have to run back and forth from home to the party etc etc, while not that far still a PIA. Thanks!!

a 7am start seems very early. Why not start them around 1 or 2pm and cook until ready then sauce, foil and take em to the party. The better thing would be if they have a grill at the party sauce them there. If you cook that early, sauce and foil, they may get very mushy. Just my .02

thanks

I didn't want to stick around the house all day doing the ribs is why I wanted to start early, but I am thinking now along the same lines as you, I'd just have to come back home, sauce them and take them to the party, just trying to figure some logistics here.

I know I'm gonna catch all holy heck fer this but, does the place yall goin have an oven? Why not reheat an sauce there? Just thinkin, what usually gets me in trouble. :D

Hillbilly said:
I know I'm gonna catch all holy heck fer this but, does the place yall goin have an oven? Why not reheat an sauce there? Just thinkin, what usually gets me in trouble. :D

That works great! Cook them on the smoker until just before sauceing. Take them off and let them cool. Get to the party, put them sauced under the broiler for 5 minutes and your good to go.

Damn Nick that avatar you have gets me everytime. I started reading the thread and then . . . my eyes wonder LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

SmokinRubcom said:
Damn Nick that avatar you have gets me everytime. I started reading the thread and then . . . my eyes wonder LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must agree with Mike on this one, them are purdy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom