Thursday Night Beef Fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm off tomorrow and what better way to start the weekend than with a few porterhouse steaks! My daughter came over to join us, that explains the 3rd steak.

2 were seasoned with Wolfe Rub Bold and then more rub was applied after the sear and my wifes steak was seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. We also had corn on the cob, baking potatoes for them, a sweet potato for me and grilled red onion marinated in Italian dressing. My cast iron grates are going to be delivered today, I realy wanted to wait for this cook until I had them! :( But we'll do something this weekend to break them in!

img_196456_0_85980a49b806c1c15fa236a2413bda88.jpg
img_196456_1_dd70f73b5aee2a9187c4dcdcefb7e55f.jpg
img_196456_2_e451ae76e575c7936f85c6120973bfd6.jpg
img_196456_3_0ec3a53564f19414e8e0df08ca46d0f7.jpg
img_196456_4_ddcbb569e41e52c459e13770b7ce49ff.jpg
img_196456_5_51d89c34c77dcd1e5fae221a811b1edf.jpg

Like the looks of those porterhouses Larry ! We could have definitely done a little tradin' off last night! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8)

Captain Morgan said:
what did you like about the cast iron?

3 Reasons

1 - Heat retention
2 - They can be seasoned (non stick) unlike the Weber grates
3 - I will never have to replace them

Justaguy said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Justaguy said:
Looks awesome! Cast iron for the performer?

Yep! www.cast-iron-grate.com

Sorry to side track your thread, but I think you just sold a bunch of these. You should get some kinda of advertising commission.

No, I should get the commission! ;)

And just my $0.02 on CI grates...they are a hassle to maintain and keep from rusting...now matter how diligent you are with the re-seasoning process...but I am willing to be proven wrong by Larry! :D

Millions of pieces of cast iron cookware can't be wrong. :D

John

Greg Rempe said:
Justaguy said:
Larry Wolfe":2zpcred7][quote=Justaguy]Looks awesome! Cast iron for the performer?[/quote] Yep! [url="http://www.cast-iron-grate.com said:
www.cast-iron-grate.com[/url]

Sorry to side track your thread, but I think you just sold a bunch of these. You should get some kinda of advertising commission.

And just my $0.02 on CI grates...they are a hassle to maintain and keep from rusting...now matter how diligent you are with the re-seasoning process...but I am willing to be proven wrong by Larry! :D[/quote:2zpcred7]

I've had my weber Q for a couple of years and it has a cast iron grate. I have never had problem with rust.

Greg Rempe said:
Justaguy said:
Larry Wolfe":3sbt7vcd][quote=Justaguy]Looks awesome! Cast iron for the performer?[/quote] Yep! [url="http://www.cast-iron-grate.com said:
www.cast-iron-grate.com[/url]

And just my $0.02 on CI grates...they are a hassle to maintain and keep from rusting...now matter how diligent you are with the re-seasoning process...but I am willing to be proven wrong by Larry! :D[/quote:3sbt7vcd]

You know me too well.......now that you said that I will oil those grates in my sleep just to prove you wrong! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom