Unemployed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Well that sucks. Hang in there. As one door goes closed, another will open. Sorry to hear. But on the up side you get to enjoy your family.
Being loyal to a company don't mean a thing now a day's. Sad indeed.

Pigs
Who hates to punch a time clock! :evil:

James,

Sorry to read about the layoff. Good luck to you. I am sure you will find a much more rewarding position.

Dittos to the sage advice and well wishes offered above. Sounds like a great opprotunity to go into the outlaw catering bizness until another Geek job rears its ugly head at ya. Prayer wheels are spinning furiously on your behalf on this end. Will also keep eyes and ears open for career possibilities.

bigwheel

Now how do anybody relax around kids? This might be a clue that you aint got none. Kids is why the Lord gave us jobs and beer joints so to be able to provide an escape mechanism.

bigwheel

Sorry to hear about the job loss James. This economy is really scary. I'm hoping that you find a better position very soon!

Dallas

Praying that the job you've been waiting for/dreaming about presents itself to you in a few weeks! Enjoy your August with the kids, and cook up a storm! I'm sure when you're back to the grind to support the family, the memories will make you smile!

That sucks. I had 20 years in and was down sized (cute term) with only 4 years to go to retirement.
Now I'm retired and my wife is too (got a buyout this spring).
We are doing well and VERY relieved that we are not in the work force during Obamas trashing the economy. I has to really be a bitch to wonder every day if your job will still be there at the end of the week, month, year.
I hope you can put something together as I did. It really disrupts your life.

Sorry to hear this James. 14 years is a long time to be with any company if you ask me.

I have always considered my work place as an arena for me to do what I do and not so much as a company that I work for. I have this attitude because I know there is no such thing as job security anymore.

Good luck to you.

Sorry to hear about that James. I know how you feel about the relief once it happens. We're being threatened by our boss, not of layoff but firing because we can't walk on water and fix everything ever made. I hate threats. I'll keep my ears open for ya brother.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Well that sucks. Hang in there. As one door goes closed, another will open. Sorry to hear. But on the up side you get to enjoy your family.
Being loyal to a company don't mean a thing now a day's. Sad indeed.

Pigs
Who hates to punch a time clock! :evil:

Thats for GD sure! It is sad. Ive been off for 6 months now. Its good to be with the kids all summer but without $$$$ theres not a whole lot to do for us. Thank god my wife does pretty good at her job. Dont worry JamesB somthin will turn up. You computer guys seem to always be in demand! ;)

Perfectly stated Bknox! "Face time with the kids is what you, and they, will remember, not the job."

Sorry to hear that James, it really sucks. I was let go in late Feb and have been doing a few freelance jobs here and there but it's not what I want. I'm hoping something full time comes in soon. I'll think good thoughts for you my brotha.

Lay off

Sorry to hear that JamesB, Hang in there maybe something good will happen out of it. I was layed off last fall and I got a nice smoker out of it and some time to spend with it.

bknox said:
James,

Sorry to hear about your job, especially after 14 years. Face time with the kids is what you, and they, will remember, not the job.

Ditto

Well with the passing of her Mother last night..the Warden has just joined the ranks of the unemployed. She was drawing about 800 bucks a month from Medicare/Medicade for taking care of her plus then her Mother was getting a SS check for about the same amount which was generally figgered into the monthly budget...so its an immediate hit for $1,600 a month out of an already tight budget. I may move to S. America and start robbing banks. I seen that in a movie one time.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom