Something new to try

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
My son suggested I try cooking Turkey thighs.
I think they are cheap (have to ask barb), which is nice.
One way I like to cook them is in a oven bag. Yesterday I coated 3 of them heavily with a Jerk rub. Then added 5 garlic cloves (mashed), 3 onions, some leftover fresh blue berries, 1/4 cup of home made plum jelly, generous shots of chink vinegar and some cranberry juice for liquid, all mixed up and put in the bag with the turkey.
Cooked in oven at 350* for 2 1/4 hours.
The meat was really moist and tender. I dumped the bag juices into a skillet and added some corn starch to thicken. That gravy was awesome.
The whole deal was like a stir fry in a bag.
Try anything that strikes your fancy..... tomato based, BBQ based, fruit based or just clean out the frig and add mucho spices.
Screw the pics...it's just pulled bird. :LOL:

Wow, thats some kinda serious bunch of goodies ya put in the marinade!! Bet it was tasty, got any left?
dj

Do sound mighty yummy. Wonder if a person might come purty close using a non reactive pan with a tight fitting lid? Them big turkey cooking bags was about a buck each last I bought. Not sure why I'm so money motivated today. I guess it cuz the Warden always whining around that we aint got none. Yeppers..that must be the ticket. I may have to give her a fat lip just to shut her up.

bigwheel

A pot & lid would work. A cast iron pot/lid would do well in the oven too.
The Turkey thighs have a ton of meat on them and not as bland as some meats that are used as blank canvas deals for seasonings and flavoring.
Drag out all the odd sauses in the frig, add vinegar & sweeteners, Peanut butter, any old thing. You can get some great results putzing around like that.
Sounds like the Warden needs some home correction. Holly crap, did I say that? :shock: :roll: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom