chuck tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
The local market had 7 bone chuck on sale last weekend. I bought a 9.5 and a 9.73 pound roasts, froze 'em until Thursday, thawed 'em and on to the WSM tonight. Applied woostie sauce and Polar beef rub. More pics in the morning.

Saturday morning and the chucks have been on 13.5 hours at 240-250*. The internal temp is 178*. I think I'll take 'em a little higher.

Well I dont mess with 7 bone chuck till it hits 1.29 with .99 being the sure fire buy some motivator. Never seen one as big as whut you got. They do good to break 3 or 4 pounds most time in this neck of the woods. Guess a person could get a 9 pounder if they standing there afore the butcher go to whacking on it. Usually wind up throwing a coupla in my big chicom made with Christian slave labor Boy Scout Dutch Oven from Academy Sports and let them cook theirselves either on or in the stove. Even though that look purty good it is beneath my standards to cook chuck roast out doors. That is house food. Best left to let the wimmen cook it. Or as in my case since I have been next to the best cook in the world I normally do it myself. Mighty purty picture.

bigwheel

Time for a serious feast for sure. Looks like you will enjoying that the whole weekend.

Nice beef fix! Enjoy! :D

bigwheel said:
Well I dont mess with 7 bone chuck till it hits 1.29 with .99 being the sure fire buy some motivator. Never seen one as big as whut you got. They do good to break 3 or 4 pounds most time in this neck of the woods. Guess a person could get a 9 pounder if they standing there afore the butcher go to whacking on it. Usually wind up throwing a coupla in my big chicom made with Christian slave labor Boy Scout Dutch Oven from Academy Sports and let them cook theirselves either on or in the stove. Even though that look purty good it is beneath my standards to cook chuck roast out doors. That is house food. Best left to let the wimmen cook it. Or as in my case since I have been next to the best cook in the world I normally do it myself. Mighty purty picture.

bigwheel

I wait until they have a sale and ask the butcher to whack a 8 to 10 pounder of the primal which, so far, he has been pleased to do. Sometimes it gets down to $1.79 here but I haven't seen it lower in ages. I think the price here is a factor of being 3,000 miles from the cow. I like a pot roast too, but bags of pulled chuck make great sandwiches and wraps.

Here's the finished pics. It came out real tasty. A friend happened by just as we were bagging and, of course, the whole house smelled smelled like smoked beef. That cost me a pound bag. But I didn't mind since we off to the firing range for me to try out his hand cannons. That will be a different post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom