Fresh Fried Okra - pics & video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I grow my own okra in my garden. I love to fry it up with 50% flour 50% corn meal after I soak it in a small amount of milk and Cajun seasoning.
Fry it at 350 degrees until it is golden brown. Great snack or appetizer. </p>

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5595929&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1"><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5595929&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="853" height="480"></embed></object>

SurfinSapo's Fried Okra from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.</p>

SANY0031.JPG

SANY0033.JPG

SANY0035.JPG

SANY0037.JPG

SANY0039.JPG

SANY0043.JPG

SANY0047.JPG

That sure does look tasty!

Do you like that batter box?

You might have given me a reason to use my side burners for other than lighting my charcoal chimneys.

007bond-jb said:
Fried Gumbo?
I reiterated what you had mentioned before. Here, to refresh your memory...

Etymology

According to some sources, the word GUMBO comes from the Bantu (Angolan) word (ki)ngombo, meaning okra..
The word came into Caribbean Spanish as guingambó or "qimbombó."
Other sources claim the word gumbo comes from the Choctaw word kombo, meaning sassafras.
Even other source in Baton Rouge claim he invented gumbo.

So to answer your question... Yes.. Fried Gumbo.... :shock:

My wife loves fried okra. I've yet to develop the taste. However. Surfin, the way you fixed & photographed yours.......I May Be Tempted!

:eek: :oops: :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom