New Gig!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Just got a gig for my neighbors church "Country Western days". Although Im doin it for free Im really hopin to land a job out tof it. Im not sure how many are expected. Im stoked........ Hopefully be gettin my license this week from the Health dept. That goes to the tune of $75 + $255 + I have to leave a deposite with the commessary of $150.

You got that $500 bucks you owe me? :shock:

Great deal. Assuming the church has a commercial kitchen which they is gonna let you use for a commisary? If that aint right kindly correct my thinking here.

bigwheel

Yes sir it does have one a those. However I dont think it has to have a commessary if I do it as a donation to the church. Right? Please corect me if im wrong. :?

Well down here in God's Country the health goons insist all legal catering and vending operations have a commercial commisary in which to preppare food..clean up etc. Now you get out in the sticks it gets much more lax but around the big towns they tend to be purty cranky. Maybe where you live you dont need one. If they are fixing to send you a license and you aint got a commisary lined up...would assume you dont need it.

bigwheel

Well, Yep its like that here too. They do have a big kitchen (bout 500 sq. feet) but this will be a donation of my time cooking to help the church raise some money. I thought about the legalities of it cause ill be the cook. But its a church function, they buy all the evertything. I just cook it all in the bbq. Help me out once again if im 180* off on this,........Please....thanks

Round here thats called a "Chef fer Hire" an don't require nothin, no lic, no insurance, notta. But, I'd do the insurance just ta cover yer own backside, somebody gets sick from anythin, first one they lookin at be the cook!

Non-profits that I do as chef fer hire, ya use there facilities an such gets ya outa that nasty lic stuff. Be some limitations but not many an most insp don't mess with the church much.

Just do everthin by the book as best ya can, good practice anywho.

Good luck.

Yeppers believe old Hillbilly hit the nail on the head here. I never have bothered to mess with it too much but the type of Cook he speaks of can also pose as a personal chef. Which would mean they are cooking the customers food on the customers equipment (or that the way it was splained to me anyway). Since you are doing it free not much way for em to nag at ya other than it be your pit. Think some bright fella on here drawed up a rental contract showing where the customer was renting the pit from the Cook's MIL. That would be good for anal types who want to have all the eyes crossed and tees dotted etc.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom