Best gas grill for under $250???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

92hatchattack

Senior Cook
Hey guys, my parents in law are looking for a small gas grill in the $200-$250 price range. I suggested a Weber because they are the only gas grills ive ever really used, but Webers seem to start at $400 which is out of their range.

Can you guys suggest a good gas grill, something quality and easy to use for them in that price range?

Thanks guys!!!

---Joe

in a direct response to your question, I would say it doesn't really matter.
Grills in that price range are all gonna die at about the same time....
here, next to the Atlantic ocean with the salt air and humidity, it's
about 2 years, or less.....perhaps you've heard the term "disposable
electronics"....this price range will be in the disposable grill realm.

That said, go for the lowest cost grill that gives you the highest btu's.

And be prepared to replace in 2-3 years.

Yeah....with that budget... It's a good thing that burners are around $20, cuz they'll be replacing them often..along with the grates.

But I guess I'd say go with Char Broil. :? At least they should have no problems finding parts for those (see above)

I agree with Cap and Scotty Char Broil. WallyWorld has some nice lookin grills but they'de still have to come out of the pocket by at least another $100 bucks or more. You could always try to sway them towards the WSM charcoal smoker/ grill so you could practice on it. :shock: :shock: :D

I'd buy a used 3 burner Weber off Craigslist and rehab it with new burner, flavor bars and grates. You could do that for less than $200.

Thanks for the replies guys. Im still working on them. Trying to convince them that their best value and quality would be Weber 22" ketle. Its not going well but i will most likely be the only one cooking on it, and i preffer a charcoal grill over gas.

Ill let ya know in a few days which they decided on.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom