Reverend Mervins Jamaican Jerk Pecan Encrusted Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
Been on a bit of a Reverend Marvin's kick lately. Chicken legs rubbed in Reverend Mervin's (regular), KNox's Jamaican Jerk dry rub and then covered in ground pecans. man I wish you all could have smelled that. I wasn't as pretty as I had hoped but was tasty.

Served with salad with home made french dressing and cole slaw.

PCIMG_3157.jpg

PCIMG_3166.jpg

PCIMG_3169.jpg

Good night,
Bryan

Yes sir, pecans are a great additon to many dishes like dirty rice, sweet tator cassarole & crust for meats. You can also make a pie crust using crushed pecans

Pics good now... That is a method you use before? I like the pecan idea.. Great work Bryan!!! :D

SS,

Not really, typically I would wash, dry and maybe oil before seasoning. Recently I had been playing with Reverend Marvin's and had used it on a pork loin, a butt and some pork chops. Then Scott mentioned pork butt and for some reason, maybe because I had already done it, thought chicken.

First I made chipotle bbq chicken. My wife loved it and she is kind of hard to please. Then I made the Jamaican Jerk the same way only I found the pecans in my kitchen and added that.

If I had to do it again I would have toasted the pecans as they were oily and sticky. As far as not flipping over the chicken I typically do not flip over chicken unless I use a bbq sauce.

You should have smelled it! That Rev. Marvin's came through like a rock star. :D

Bryan, that chicken looks awesome. BTW-don't worry about calling it Mervin's. We've been called a lot of different things...Mervin's, Melvin's, Martin's, etc., But, like the old saying goes...doesn't matter what you call me, just don't call me late for supper. LOL

bknox That chicken looks greaaaat! I'm gonna have to order me some Rev Marvin's You guys have talked about it so much.....I've gotta try me some!

8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom