Grilled Chicken...no pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Did 3 split breasts for dinner tonight. Used homemade rub on all 3...cooked indirect on the Silver B and before hand, brined for about 2 hrs in a basic salt water mixture.

Could have pulled them off a tad sooner but all in all was very good. I glazed my breast with Rev. Marvins original sauce...yummie stuff! :D

Also did some grilled peaches for a side which turned out really good as well..perhaps some honey or something...felt like it was missing something but still not bad! Give 'um a try if you haven't yet... :!:

Greg Rempe said:
Did 3 split breasts for dinner tonight. Used homemade rub on all 3...cooked indirect on the Silver B and before hand, brined for about 2 hrs in a basic salt water mixture.

Could have pulled them off a tad sooner but all in all was very good. I glazed my breast with Rev. Marvins original sauce...yummie stuff! :D

Also did some grilled peaches for a side which turned out really good as well..perhaps some honey or something...felt like it was missing something but still not bad! Give 'um a try if you haven't yet... :!:

Yep the Rev's sauce is very good! Man I wish you had some pic's of the peaches. I've been dying to try grilled fruit! How long did you cook them

Greg,

Went the lazy route tonight, went to a specialty market and picked up some pre-marinated chicken and beef sirloin kabobs. Grilled them up and had macaroni salad for side.

For dessert, grilled some peaches and pineapple slices; rubbed with melted butter and brown sugar. Have to be patient to get the good grill marks and carmelize that sugar til nearly burnt, but not quite. Gooooooooooood!!

93 and humid here today.....yuck

Larry,

Doesn't take too long, I'd say maybe 4-6 minutes, then rotate the peaches and flip the pineapple and then another 5 minutes. Depends alot on the temp of your fire though, mine was a medium low fire, should have been hotter.

I had my cook at 425-50* throughout...I did the peaches for 5 mins a side...light drizzel of EVOO before going on...will top with Brown sugar and butter next time...MMMMMMMMM!!! :D

OH, I was using charcoal/lump for fuel. I see you were using GAS [-o< [-o< [-X [-X :dunno: :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom