Pork prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aint seen no spectacular drops. Got a half loin in the freezer from a few days ago @ 1.99 which is a good price but fairly typical when somebody is running a sale. Seen pumped spares at Wally World for 1.98 that fairly cheap compared to whut they been charging. I will check out Tom Thumb tomorrow and repoat back.

bigwheel

Captain Morgan said:
saw a news story about prices dropping because of the
flu but haven't seen it reflected at my grocery stores

Me either. I rread the the Swine flu don't come from pigs at all

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":2k0l01p2]saw a news story about prices dropping because of the
flu but haven't seen it reflected at my grocery stores

Me either. I rread the the Swine flu don't come from pigs at all[/quote:2k0l01p2]

You're right JB. It can't be passed in air either, but the panic has people wears masks. So maybe we can catch a dip in pork prices.
We need to think up something for beef now too. :LOL:

Well I axed the man at Tom Thumb why they didnt have no pork on sale and he say they give all their pigs flu shots so they aint selling them cheap. The good news is its crawdad season. They running them for 2.99 a pound and will even cook them for ya along with corn and tates etc. Had a purty good deal on 7 Bone chuck roast for 1.47. Not a bad price for that but have seen them for .99 a year or two back.

bigwheel

Asked the meat manager what I'm becomin well aquainted with, he said that there store has "sticky" prices, or, once it goes up it don't come down unless it be a sale.

Big box does it to us again.

Hillbilly said:
Asked the meat manager what I'm becomin well aquainted with, he said that there store has "sticky" prices, or, once it goes up it don't come down unless it be a sale.

Big box does it to us again.

If nobody buys it, it will come down.

Well from whut I heard the Mexican folks is the onliest ones who think you can catch hawg flu from a hawg. The Ruskies stopped buying it just to jack with us and say hi to their pal Prez Osama.

bigwheel

Spare ribs on sale at my local rip-off Tops Markets for $1.79 per. 2 to 3 dollors cheaper than usual.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom