10 cars that sank Detroit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Mr. Newman is correct, not every model that Ford, GM or Chrysler came out with was a big success (although my Dad owned a Chrysler Sebring for 12 years and it was a great car for him) and there is plenty of blame to go around, however, he fails to mention the almost non-stop importing of foreign cars into this country and at little or no cost to the Japanese auto makers while they continued to charge huge tariffs for American cars to enter their market, OR the most times unreasonable CAFE standards put upon the industry and many times different standards for different states.

I don't have the answer for the auto crisis, maybe it is a structured bankruptcy, but what I do know is that the manufacturing base in this country has nearly disappeared and unless we start making things again we might all as well line up for fast food jobs or service jobs because that's all that will be left.

We owned two pinto's, actually they weren't a bad little car. easy on gas, ran well, I didn't have no complaints.

Ya can't keep buildin 30 an 40 thousand dollar vehicles an nothin fer workin joe. I've said, ifin ya built a basic car that sold fer 10 thousand dollars ya couldn't build enough of em. Some a the blame goes to John Q Public, they wan't all these fancy things in a car, heated AC seats, 6 video screens, Why? I hate all the electronic garbage, give me a basic auto anyday.

I disagree with this. There's a lot of blame to go around on Detroit's demise...besides Sheriff Barney in Utica. :shock: :LOL:

Model duplication and poor quality of product are good places to start.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom