Really, really big wood chunks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROB O

Senior Cook
Howdy folks. Must be summer finally found where my pit got to during that last snowstorm.....

Anyway, had some pecan chunks delivered last week and these things are huge. We're talking large grapefruit, two fists put together.

Anyone have any experience with chunks this large? Makes sense they'll some a little longer than smaller chunks but should I alter my quantities?

Thanks. I don't even want to think about splitting these suckers.

Planning an overnight cook Tuesday.

So that's a self portrait in your avatar Bryan?

Out of all the tools I own I have to confess I do not own a hand axe.

Hmmmm... maybe a chainsaw.

Seriously, how big do you think is too big?

I use a roofers hammer I got at Big Lots for $7.99.

chopper.jpg

TexLaw said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Hey Rob, don't put the pieces of finger into the smoker! #-o

Second that!

If they fit, they work. If the chunk doesn't fit, you must a-split. #-o

TL

TL: That's the funniest thing I've seen on this board to date. May Johnny rest in peace.

I used the screwdriver and hammer technique when I was fighting the electric no-smoke wars. It won't surprise son Greg to learn I chopped out several chunks out of my driveway in the process.

Airboss said:
TexLaw said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Hey Rob, don't put the pieces of finger into the smoker! #-o

Second that!

If they fit, they work. If the chunk doesn't fit, you must a-split. #-o

TL

TL: That's the funniest thing I've seen on this board to date. May Johnny rest in peace.

I used the screwdriver and hammer technique when I was fighting the electric no-smoke wars. It won't surprise son Greg to learn I chopped out several chunks out of my driveway in the process.

That explains the backwards eyelets! :lmao: #-o

Son Greg could post volumes here detailing my, how you say, "ineptitude" in the tools and handyman department. Skills with things like a pounder, a twister and a squeezer (hammer, screwdriver, pliers) are passed from generation to generation like fishing and hunting. Lacking all of that, Greg would sit on the picnic table and watch his ol' man start the coals and grilll everything from sausage and sirloin to burgers and dogs. "We may not be handsome but we are handy" when it comes to grillin'. And now he owns the business and I watch him.

:beach:

Back
Top Bottom